Обсуждение: Reg:Autocommit

Reg:Autocommit

От
Shreeyansh Dba
Дата:
Hi All,

Can u help me, Is their any option to "Autocommit to keep off " in PostgreSQL
Any how By default "autocommit is on"

So i need to keep autocommit off, can anyone guide me to keep the "autocommit=off"

Thanks & Regards,
 Neeraj

Re: Reg:Autocommit

От
Shreeyansh Dba
Дата:
Hi All,

Sorry for keeping Repeat mail, I  didn't mention the Error  what i am getting

This is the Error mentioned below.
 postgres=# set autocommit to off;
 ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported

 postgres=#

Can u help me, Is their any option to "Autocommit to keep off " in PostgreSQL9.4,
Anyhow By default "autocommit is on".

So i need to keep autocommit off, can anyone guide me to keep the "autocommit=off".

Thanks & Regards,
Neeraj.

Can u help me, Is their any option to "Autocommit to keep off " in PostgreSQL
Any how By default "autocommit is on"

So i need to keep autocommit off, can anyone guide me to keep the "autocommit=off"

Thanks & Regards,
 Neeraj

Re: Reg:Autocommit

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
Sorry for keeping Repeat mail, I  didn't mention the Error  what i am getting

This is the Error mentioned below.
 postgres=# set autocommit to off;
 ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported

 postgres=#

Try: "BEGIN;"

David J.

Reg:Autocommit

От
"David G. Johnston"
Дата:
Sorry for keeping Repeat mail, I  didn't mention the Error  what i am getting

This is the Error mentioned below.
 postgres=# set autocommit to off;
 ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported

 postgres=#

Try: "BEGIN;"

Or you can use the psql specific:

\set AUTOCOMMIT off

 Auto-commit is a feature of the client, not the server.

David J.

Re: Reg:Autocommit

От
Shreeyansh Dba
Дата:
Hi David ,
Thanks for reply,
I tried it but the "autocommit" is showing "on"  as mention below.

postgres=# \set autocommit off;
postgres=# show autocommit;
 autocommit
------------
 on
(1 row)

I want the permanent solution without using "BEGIN".
Can you please tell me the solution.

Thanks & Regards,
Neeraj.

Sorry for keeping Repeat mail, I  didn't mention the Error  what i am getting

This is the Error mentioned below.
 postgres=# set autocommit to off;
 ERROR:  SET AUTOCOMMIT TO OFF is no longer supported

 postgres=#

Try: "BEGIN;"

Or you can use the psql specific:

\set AUTOCOMMIT off

 Auto-commit is a feature of the client, not the server.

David J.

Re: Reg:Autocommit

От
Scott Ribe
Дата:
On Jul 25, 2015, at 7:22 AM, Shreeyansh Dba <shreeyansh2014@gmail.com> wrote:

> I want the permanent solution without using "BEGIN".
> Can you please tell me the solution.

The permanent solution is to specify the boundaries of your transactions, using begin & commit. It's either that, or
letyour client assume that every submitted statement should be its own transaction, which is what autocommit does.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

Re: Reg:Autocommit