Обсуждение: java.lang.ClassNotFo​undException: oracle.jdbc.driver.O​racleDriver

java.lang.ClassNotFo​undException: oracle.jdbc.driver.O​racleDriver

От
Sandeep Gondhalekar

I am using Oracle 12c to test migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL. I am using windows OS. I have copied ojdbc7.jar file under lib folder of "EnterpriseDB-MigrationToolkit"

I am getting following error:

E:\sandeep\postgres\EnterpriseDB-MigrationToolkit>runMTK.bat -verbose on -source
dbtype "oracle" @//localhost:1521/pdbsales.igatecorp.com
Source database connectivity info...
conn =jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1521/pdbsales.igatecorp.com
user =scott_name
password=******
Target database connectivity info...
conn =jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/postgres
user =postgres
password=******
Connecting with source Oracle database server...
Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

One or more schema objects could not be imported during the migration process. P
lease review the migration output for more details.

Migration logs have been saved to C:\Users\gondhasa.IGATECORP\.enterprisedb\migr
ation-toolkit\logs

******************** Migration Summary ********************

Total objects: 0
Successful count: 0
Failure count: 0

Re: [ADMIN] java.lang.ClassNotFo​undException: oracle.jdbc.driver.O​racleDriver

От
Scott Ribe
Дата:
On Dec 27, 2014, at 9:29 AM, Sandeep Gondhalekar <sandeep.gondhalekar1@gmail.com> wrote:

> Migration logs have been saved to C:\Users\gondhasa.IGATECORP\.enterprisedb\migr
> ation-toolkit\logs

Pretty sure you're going to have to look in the logs as suggested by the message before anyone can help.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

Re: [ADMIN] [ADMIN] java.lang.ClassNotFo​undException: oracle.jdbc.driver.O​racleDriver

От
Scott Ribe
Дата:
On Dec 27, 2014, at 10:31 AM, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com> wrote:

> Pretty sure you're going to have to look in the logs as suggested by the message before anyone can help.

Oops, missed the line about Oracle driver class not being found.

I don't know EnterpriseDb, but it seems highly suspect that you're putting an jdbc jar file into the enterprise manager
directorystructure rather than in a folder in a standard location for jar files, in other words something on your java
CLASSPATH--which,unfortunately, I have no idea what that would be for Windows OS.

--
Scott Ribe
scott_ribe@elevated-dev.com

Re: [ADMIN] java.lang.ClassNotFo​undException: oracle.jdbc.driver.O​racleDriver

От
Jackson Isaac

I am using Oracle 12c to test migration from Oracle to PostgreSQL. I am using windows OS. I have copied ojdbc7.jar file under lib folder of "EnterpriseDB-MigrationToolkit"

I am getting following error:

E:\sandeep\postgres\EnterpriseDB-MigrationToolkit>runMTK.bat -verbose on -source
dbtype "oracle" @//localhost:1521/pdbsales.igatecorp.com
Source database connectivity info...
conn =jdbc:oracle:thin:@//localhost:1521/pdbsales.igatecorp.com
user =scott_name
password=******
Target database connectivity info...
conn =jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/postgres
user =postgres
password=******
Connecting with source Oracle database server...
Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

Hi Sandeep,

As from the error log it seems that you haven't added oracle-jdbc driver to the classpath. You can do so by running command something like --
export CLASSPATH= "$CLASSPATH:path/to/jar/file"

Hope this helps.

One or more schema objects could not be imported during the migration process. P
lease review the migration output for more details.

Migration logs have been saved to C:\Users\gondhasa.IGATECORP\.enterprisedb\migr
ation-toolkit\logs

******************** Migration Summary ********************

Total objects: 0
Successful count: 0
Failure count: 0

Jackson Isaac
S5 B.Tech CSE
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
Jackson Isaac's Blog
Github/JacksonIsaac

Re: [ADMIN] java.lang.ClassNotFo​undException: oracle.jdbc.driver.O​racleDriver

От
Harshad Adalkonda

[...]

First you need to copy ojdbc7.jar in proper location, then edit the toolkit.properties file which is located in etc folder of installation of MTK.

Example:

SRC_DB_URL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:xe
SRC_DB_USER=hr
SRC_DB_PASSWORD=hr

TARGET_DB_URL=jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/postgres
TARGET_DB_USER=postgres
TARGET_DB_PASSWORD=postgres

After saving the toolkit.properties file run runMTK.bat from cmd as follows:

runMTK.bat -sourcedbtype source_database_name -targetdbtype target_database_name schema_name

Example:

runMTK.bat -sourcedbtype oracle -targetdbtype postgres public

I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Harshad Adalkonda
Database Administrator

http://www.shreeyansh.com

Re: [ADMIN] java.lang.ClassNotFo​undException: oracle.jdbc.driver.O​racleDriver

От
Sandeep Gondhalekar
Дата:
Thanks all for prompt replies.

I have copied ojdbc7.jar under "C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib" and

SET CLASSPATH="C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib"
still no luck.

[...]

The driver copying location is wrong

Copy driver to C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7\lib\ext\ location

copy both oracle & postgresql drivers under above location.

I hope now this time it will solve your porblem.

Thanks & Regards,

Harshad Adalkonda

Database Administrator

http://www.shreeyansh.com