Обсуждение: Question re privileges on extensions

Question re privileges on extensions

От
William Wagman

Greetings,

I am very new to PostgreSQL and hopefully can pose my question in a way that makes sense. We are an Oracle shop with a very small number of recently installed PostgreSQL databases. To monitor our Oracle databases we use the Oracle Enterprise Manager for which we recently installed a third party plug-in to monitor PostgreSQL databases. My understanding is that in order to monitor queries pg_stat_statements must be configured in the database. We are running PostgreSQL 9.2.8 on 64 bit Linux. I have taken the following steps –

1)      Installed the postgresql92-contrib-9.2.8-1PGDG.rhel6.x86_64 package on our server.

2)      In the postgresql.conf file we have the following entries –

shared_preload_libraries = 'pg_stat_statements'
pg_stat_statements.max = 10000
pg_stat_statements.track = all

pg_stat_statements.track_utility = on

3)    In the database executed the statement –

CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS pg_stat_statements;

4)    Restarted the database. The above steps were done as the postgres user.

5)     CREATE ROLE "oem_monitor" LOGIN ENCRYPTED PASSWORD '<password>'

NOSUPERUSER NOINHERIT NOCREATEDB NOCREATEROLE NOREPLICATION;
GRANT pdev_nolog_conn TO "oem_monitor";
GRANT pprd_nolog_conn TO "oem_monitor";
GRANT ptst_nolog_conn TO "oem_monitor";
GRANT  connect ON DATABASE profiles TO "oem_monitor";
COMMENT ON ROLE "oem_monitor" IS 'OEM connect acct';

The OEM plug-in sees everything but the sql information and the console displays a message indicating “pg_stat_statements status unknown, ensure data collection has occurred.” I suspect that privileges on the pg_stat_statements extension is the issue. The extension does exist –

edus-test=# create extension "pg_stat_statements";
ERROR:  extension "pg_stat_statements" already exists

however the plug-in does not seem to see the shared_preload_libraries.

Hopefully I have stated the question in a meaningful way such that someone can assist me in resolving the issue. Thank you.

Bill Wagman

University of California Davis, IET

3820 Chiles Road

Davis Ca. 95616

(530) 752-9706

wjwagman@ucdavis.edu

Re: Question re privileges on extensions

Дата:
William Wagman <szwagman@ad3.ucdavis.edu> writes:
> The OEM plug-in sees everything but the sql information and the console
> displays a message indicating "pg_stat_statements status unknown, ensure
> data collection has occurred." I suspect that privileges on the
> pg_stat_statements extension is the issue.

There aren't really privileges associated with extensions.  My first
guess is that you created the extension in a different database than
the one the plug-in client is connecting to.

If you're not clear on what exactly the plug-in is doing, you could
try cranking log_statement up to "all" so that you can see its activity in
the postmaster log.  That might help diagnose what's going wrong.

            regards, tom lane