Обсуждение: Remote Backup (pg_dump_all) Windows/Linux.

Remote Backup (pg_dump_all) Windows/Linux.

От
"Renato Forti"

Hi All,

I have one question about backup (pg_dump_all).

If anyone can helpeme!

I have one pg running on linux (x64), and I want take one backup of it. But from a windows machine (x32) . A remote backup!

I can do this? The pg need be same version and bitness on windows and linux? Any other advise?

What command option (pg_dump_all) I can use to do this?

Thanks

Re: Remote Backup (pg_dump_all) Windows/Linux.

От
Walter Hurry
Дата:
On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 15:15:42 -0200, Renato Forti wrote:

> I have one pg running on linux (x64), and I want take one backup of it.
> But from a windows machine (x32) . A remote backup!
>

> I can do this? The pg need be same version and bitness on windows and
> linux?

pg_dumpall (no second underscore)

I don't think it needs to be the same bitness, but certainly the same
version would seem sensible.

It would be slow, though. How big are your databases? Why not just run it
on the Linux box?

Re: Remote Backup (pg_dump_all) Windows/Linux.

От
Sergey Konoplev
Дата:
On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 9:15 AM, Renato Forti <re.tf@acm.org> wrote:
> I have one question about backup (pg_dump_all).

pg_dumpall

> I have one pg running on linux (x64), and I want take one backup of it. But
> from a windows machine (x32) . A remote backup!
>
> I can do this? The pg need be same version and bitness on windows and linux?
> Any other advise?

This is an SQL dump so it does not need to be on the same
architecture. The only recommendation is the same or later version.

> What command option (pg_dump_all) I can use to do this?

Here you will find the pg_dumpall docs

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/app-pg-dumpall.html

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray.ru@gmail.com

RES: Remote Backup (pg_dump_all) Windows/Linux.

От
"Renato Forti"
Дата:
Hi, Thanks for help!

>> pg_dumpall (no second underscore)
Sorry

>> It would be slow, though. How big are your databases?
My backup have 5GB

>> Why not just run it on the Linux box?
Is that I have one backup tool that run on windows ( it can execute command), but my db is on linux!

 --
 Retf

Re: RES: Remote Backup (pg_dump_all) Windows/Linux.

От
Walter Hurry
Дата:
On Wed, 08 Jan 2014 16:16:31 -0200, Renato Forti wrote:

>>> Why not just run it on the Linux box?
> Is that I have one backup tool that run on windows ( it can execute
> command), but my db is on linux!

So you have no backup regime implemented on the Linux machine? That
doesn't sound like a satisfactory state of affairs.

RES: RES: Remote Backup (pg_dump_all) Windows/Linux.

От
"Renato Forti"
No :(

My tool run only on Windows, it get the file (backup) and upload to amazona aws.

Then I need configure it to call pg_dumpall on windows that will connect on linux, take the backup on e.g. C:\\back and
theupload this to aws!

that sounds crazy?

Thanks