Обсуждение: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

pg_upgrade / postgis issue

От
Marcos Cano
Дата:
so my problem is that i have pg8.3 + postgis 1.3.x and i want to upgrade both
of em to pg9.2.4 + postgis 2.0.4.

so i've installed pg9.2.4 with postgis 2.0.4 and the server is running in a
different port (5433) so both servers are up and running (not a big deal).

when i try to pg_upgrade it gives me an error that pg_upgrade was expecting
that some libraries provided by postgis extensions were installed so did a
bit of research and i was missing this two "commands" from the postgis
installation guide:

CREATE EXTENSION postgis;
CREATE EXTENSION postgis_topology;

so everything went "well"  after that, my pg_upgrade was able to advance a
little more, but suddenly it gives me this error

New cluster database "postgres" is not empty
Failure, exiting

obviously i went to psql and saw that the database "postgres" was not empty
and was filled with 3 relations :

 Schema  |      Name       | Type  |  Owner
----------+-----------------+-------+----------
 public   | spatial_ref_sys | table | postgres
 topology | layer           | table | postgres
 topology | topology        | table | postgres

that were added by the 2 psql commands i just mention (that installed the
extensions i was missing from the past)

so im stuck here and i really need help or if someone could tell where to
contact the postgis people.

Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

Дата:
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 07:10:11AM -0700, Marcos Cano wrote:
> so my problem is that i have pg8.3 + postgis 1.3.x and i want to upgrade both
> of em to pg9.2.4 + postgis 2.0.4.
>
> so i've installed pg9.2.4 with postgis 2.0.4 and the server is running in a
> different port (5433) so both servers are up and running (not a big deal).
>
> when i try to pg_upgrade it gives me an error that pg_upgrade was expecting
> that some libraries provided by postgis extensions were installed so did a
> bit of research and i was missing this two "commands" from the postgis
> installation guide:
>
> CREATE EXTENSION postgis;
> CREATE EXTENSION postgis_topology;
>
> so everything went "well"  after that, my pg_upgrade was able to advance a
> little more, but suddenly it gives me this error
>
> New cluster database "postgres" is not empty
> Failure, exiting
>
> obviously i went to psql and saw that the database "postgres" was not empty
> and was filled with 3 relations :
>
>  Schema  |      Name       | Type  |  Owner
> ----------+-----------------+-------+----------
>  public   | spatial_ref_sys | table | postgres
>  topology | layer           | table | postgres
>  topology | topology        | table | postgres
>

> that were added by the 2 psql commands i just mention (that installed the
> extensions i was missing from the past)
>
> so im stuck here and i really need help or if someone could tell where to
> contact the postgis people.

I don't think postgis can go from 1 to 2 with pg_upgrade because I
thought they changed their internal format, but I am not sure.  There
are various ways of getting help for postgis:

    http://postgis.net/support/

Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

От
Sergey Konoplev
Дата:
On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 7:10 AM, Marcos Cano <mcano@stsa.info> wrote:
> so my problem is that i have pg8.3 + postgis 1.3.x and i want to upgrade both
> of em to pg9.2.4 + postgis 2.0.4.

I had this problem with 8.4->9.2 upgrade recently.

It is not documented, but postgis 1.5.8 is the only version, that is
compatible with all the pg versions from 8.3 to 9.2, so you could use
pg_upgrade with it.

So here is the solution:

1. on pg 8.3 you need to soft upgrade [1] postgis from 1.3.x to 1.5.8 first;
2. then pg_upgrade 8.3 to 9.2;
3. and then you will have to do hard upgrade [2] postgis from 1.5.8 to 2.0.4.

[1] http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.0/postgis_installation.html#soft_upgrade
[2] http://postgis.net/docs/manual-2.0/postgis_installation.html#hard_upgrade

> so i've installed pg9.2.4 with postgis 2.0.4 and the server is running in a
> different port (5433) so both servers are up and running (not a big deal).
>
> when i try to pg_upgrade it gives me an error that pg_upgrade was expecting
> that some libraries provided by postgis extensions were installed so did a
> bit of research and i was missing this two "commands" from the postgis
> installation guide:
>
> CREATE EXTENSION postgis;
> CREATE EXTENSION postgis_topology;
>
> so everything went "well"  after that, my pg_upgrade was able to advance a
> little more, but suddenly it gives me this error
>
> New cluster database "postgres" is not empty
> Failure, exiting
>
> obviously i went to psql and saw that the database "postgres" was not empty
> and was filled with 3 relations :
>
>  Schema  |      Name       | Type  |  Owner
> ----------+-----------------+-------+----------
>  public   | spatial_ref_sys | table | postgres
>  topology | layer           | table | postgres
>  topology | topology        | table | postgres
>

> that were added by the 2 psql commands i just mention (that installed the
> extensions i was missing from the past)
>
> so im stuck here and i really need help or if someone could tell where to
> contact the postgis people.

Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev
PostgreSQL Consultant and DBA

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com

Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

От
Sergey Konoplev
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Marcos Cano <mcano@stsa.info> wrote:
> just one last question how do i know if after doing a soft_upgrade (from 1.3
> to 1.58) everything went ok?

No errors during upgrade plus test your geo features afterwards.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev
PostgreSQL Consultant and DBA

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com

Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

От
Sergey Konoplev
Дата:
(please, don't forget to put the list in CC when replying)

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Marcos Cano <mcano@stsa.info> wrote:
> i got some errors in some databases like:
> psql:postgis_upgrade_13_to_15.sql:5259: ERROR:  current transaction is
> aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

You should look at the beginning of the error list. The error above
just shows that the current command will be ignored because some error
has happened earlier in the transaction.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev
PostgreSQL Consultant and DBA

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com

Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

От
Marcos Cano
Дата:
so after following the steps, and going with the pg_upgrade  i get an issue with the content in the DB

fatal

Your installation contains the "name" data type in user tables.  This
data type changed its internal alignment between your old and new
clusters so this cluster cannot currently be upgraded.  You can remove
the problem tables and restart the upgrade.  A list of the problem
columns is in the file:
    tables_using_name.txt

so going to that file it shows three DB that apparently use the "name"  data type

so i dont know what to do next because im not a DB user nor developer, i'm the server admin

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev
PostgreSQL Consultant and DBA

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com

Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

От
Sergey Konoplev
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Marcos Cano <mcano@stsa.info> wrote:
> so after following the steps, and going with the pg_upgrade  i get an issue
> with the content in the DB
>
> fatal
>
> Your installation contains the "name" data type in user tables.  This
> data type changed its internal alignment between your old and new
> clusters so this cluster cannot currently be upgraded.  You can remove
> the problem tables and restart the upgrade.  A list of the problem
> columns is in the file:
>     tables_using_name.txt
>

> so going to that file it shows three DB that apparently use the "name"  data
> type

Can you show the tables_using_name.txt content and definitions of
these tables, please? \d+ tablename in psql will be okay.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev
PostgreSQL Consultant and DBA

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com

Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

От
Marcos Cano
Дата:
content of the file tables_using_names.txt:
Database: dev
  public.geography_columns.f_table_schema
  public.geography_columns.f_table_name
  public.geography_columns.f_geography_column

2nd question: don't actually if what im running is what you are expecting, is a really long long list of relations like this:
but i did
psql -d dev
dev=# \d
                      List of relations
 Schema |             Name              |   Type   |  Owner
--------+-------------------------------+----------+----------
 public | ad_id_seq                     | sequence | jp
 public | agosto_2012                   | table    | jp
 public | agosto_2012_resumen           | table    | jp
 public | al_10_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_10_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_10_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_11_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_11_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_11_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_12_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_12_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_12_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_13_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_13_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_13_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_14_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_14_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_14_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_15_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_15_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_15_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_16_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_16_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_16_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_17_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_17_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_17_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_1_geomid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_1_point                    | table    | jp
 public | al_1_trip_point_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_21_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_21_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_21_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_26_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_26_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_26_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_27_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_27_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_27_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_28_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_28_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_28_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_29_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_29_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_29_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_2_geomid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_2_point                    | table    | jp
 public | al_2_trip_point_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_30_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_30_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_30_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_31_geomid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_31_point                   | table    | jp
 public | al_31_trip_point_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_3_geomid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_3_point                    | table    | jp
 public | al_3_trip_point_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_4_geomid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_4_point                    | table    | jp
 public | al_4_trip_point_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_5_geomid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_5_point                    | table    | jp
 public | al_5_trip_point_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_6_geomid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_6_point                    | table    | jp
 public | al_6_trip_point_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_7_geomid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_7_point                    | table    | jp
 public | al_7_trip_point_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_8_geomid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_8_point                    | table    | jp
 public | al_8_trip_point_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_9_geomid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_9_point                    | table    | jp
 public | al_9_trip_point_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_account                    | table    | jp
 public | al_account_prefs              | table    | jp
 public | al_accountid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_activacionclaro            | table    | jp
 public | al_activacionclaro_seq        | sequence | jp
 public | al_adcreading                 | table    | jp
 public | al_adcreading_seq             | sequence | jp
 public | al_alert_archive              | table    | jp
 public | al_alert_comment              | table    | jp
 public | al_alertcomment_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_area                       | table    | jp
 public | al_area_seq                   | sequence | jp
 public | al_bankaccount                | table    | jp
 public | al_bankaccountid_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_billing_engine             | table    | jp
 public | al_billingengineid_seq        | sequence | jp
 public | al_cannedmsg                  | table    | jp
 public | al_cannedmsg_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_cellular_plan              | table    | jp
 public | al_cellular_plan_id_seq       | sequence | jp
 public | al_cellular_provider          | table    | jp
 public | al_cellular_provider_id_seq   | sequence | jp
 public | al_chat                       | table    | jp
 public | al_chat_seq                   | sequence | jp
 public | al_client                     | table    | jp
 public | al_client_checkpointid_pool   | table    | jp
 public | al_clientid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_comloss                    | table    | jp
 public | al_comlossid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_crew                       | table    | jp
 public | al_crew_seq                   | sequence | jp
 public | al_currency                   | table    | jp
 public | al_custom_map                 | table    | jp
 public | al_custom_map_seq             | sequence | jp
 public | al_customeventname            | table    | jp
 public | al_customeventname_seq        | sequence | jp
 public | al_d_sig                      | table    | jp
 public | al_daemons                    | table    | jp
 public | al_dates                      | table    | jp
 public | al_driver                     | table    | jp
 public | al_driverid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_event                      | table    | jp
 public | al_event_seq                  | sequence | jp
 public | al_expense                    | table    | jp
 public | al_expenseid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_facturaid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_fuelreading                | table    | jp
 public | al_fuelreading_seq            | sequence | jp
 public | al_gadm                       | table    | jp
 public | al_gadm_seq                   | sequence | jp
 public | al_gprscontact_q              | table    | jp
 public | al_gprscontactq_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_gprseventq_seq             | sequence | jp
 public | al_group                      | table    | jp
 public | al_group_permission           | table    | jp
 public | al_groupid_seq                | sequence | jp
 public | al_help                       | table    | jp
 public | al_helpid_seq                 | sequence | jp
 public | al_installerid_seq            | sequence | jp
 public | al_inventory_item             | table    | jp
 public | al_inventory_item_seq         | sequence | jp
 public | al_inventory_movement_in      | table    | jp
 public | al_inventory_movement_in_out  | table    | jp
 public | al_inventory_movement_out     | table    | jp
 public | al_inventory_order            | table    | jp
 public | al_inventory_order_seq        | sequence | jp
 public | al_invoice                    | table    | jp
 public | al_invoice_item               | table    | jp
 public | al_invoice_payment            | table    | jp
 public | al_invoiceid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_invoiceitem_seq            | sequence | jp
 public | al_invoiceitemid_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_lag_test                   | table    | jp
 public | al_lag_testid_seq             | sequence | jp
 public | al_landmark_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_log                        | table    | jp
 public | al_logid_seq                  | sequence | jp
 public | al_loginmessage               | table    | jp
 public | al_loginmessage_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_maintinid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_maintoutid_seq             | sequence | jp
 public | al_me_delivery                | table    | jp
 public | al_me_delivery_seq            | sequence | jp
 public | al_namedplace                 | table    | jp
 public | al_namedplace_seq             | sequence | jp
 public | al_notification_q             | table    | jp
 public | al_notification_q_seq         | sequence | jp
 public | al_payment                    | table    | jp
 public | al_paymentid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_percreading                | table    | jp
 public | al_percreading_seq            | sequence | jp
 public | al_permission                 | table    | jp
 public | al_permissionid_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_phoneline                  | table    | jp
 public | al_phoneline_bill             | table    | jp
 public | al_phoneline_bill_id_seq      | sequence | jp
 public | al_phoneline_id_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_photo                      | table    | jp
 public | al_photo_seq                  | sequence | jp
 public | al_place                      | table    | jp
 public | al_place_seq                  | sequence | jp
 public | al_presscene                  | table    | jp
 public | al_presscene_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_print_q                    | table    | jp
 public | al_printq_seq                 | sequence | jp
 public | al_provider_id                | table    | jp
 public | al_provider_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_reason_translation         | table    | jp
 public | al_reason_translator          | table    | jp
 public | al_reasontranslation_seq      | sequence | jp
 public | al_reasontranslator_seq       | sequence | jp
 public | al_recover                    | table    | jp
 public | al_refpointvisit              | table    | jp
 public | al_refpointvisitid_seq        | sequence | jp
 public | al_refuel                     | table    | jp
 public | al_refuel_seq                 | sequence | jp
 public | al_refund                     | table    | jp
 public | al_refundid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_repgroup                   | table    | jp
 public | al_repgroup_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_report_schedule            | table    | jp
 public | al_reportscheduleid_seq       | sequence | jp
 public | al_route                      | table    | jp
 public | al_route_bak                  | table    | jp
 public | al_route_point                | table    | jp
 public | al_route_point_bak            | table    | jp
 public | al_routeid_seq                | sequence | jp
 public | al_routepointid_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_rule_engine_q_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_script                     | table    | jp
 public | al_scriptid_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_service_contract           | table    | jp
 public | al_serviceid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_setting                    | table    | jp
 public | al_shared_place               | table    | jp
 public | al_simcard                    | table    | jp
 public | al_simcard_id_seq             | sequence | jp
 public | al_sms_in_q                   | table    | jp
 public | al_sms_in_q_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_sms_out_q                  | table    | jp
 public | al_sms_out_q_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_special_charge             | table    | jp
 public | al_special_chargeid_seq       | sequence | jp
 public | al_stat_allunits              | table    | jp
 public | al_stat_day                   | table    | jp
 public | al_stat_unitday               | table    | jp
 public | al_statallunits_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_statday_seq                | sequence | jp
 public | al_statunitday_seq            | sequence | jp
 public | al_stop                       | table    | jp
 public | al_stopid_seq                 | sequence | jp
 public | al_street                     | table    | jp
 public | al_street_2                   | table    | jp
 public | al_street_2_gid_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_street_pnc                 | table    | jp
 public | al_street_seq                 | sequence | jp
 public | al_tacasa                     | table    | jp
 public | al_tacasa_seq                 | sequence | jp
 public | al_tacasani                   | table    | jp
 public | al_tag                        | table    | jp
 public | al_tag_seq                    | sequence | jp
 public | al_temperature                | table    | jp
 public | al_temperature_seq            | sequence | jp
 public | al_tmp                        | table    | jp
 public | al_trace                      | table    | jp
 public | al_traceid_seq                | sequence | jp
 public | al_tramite                    | table    | jp
 public | al_tramite_id_seq             | sequence | jp
 public | al_trip                       | table    | jp
 public | al_trip_interp                | table    | jp
 public | al_tripgeom                   | table    | jp
 public | al_tripid_seq                 | sequence | jp
 public | al_trouble_ticket             | table    | jp
 public | al_trouble_ticket_comment     | table    | jp
 public | al_trouble_ticket_comment_seq | sequence | jp
 public | al_trouble_ticket_seq         | sequence | jp
 public | al_udp_q                      | table    | jp
 public | al_udpid_seq                  | sequence | jp
 public | al_unit                       | table    | jp
 public | al_unit_config                | table    | jp
 public | al_unit_config_seq            | sequence | jp
 public | al_unit_contactor_q           | table    | jp
 public | al_unit_contactor_q_seq       | sequence | jp
 public | al_unit_contacttimer          | table    | jp
 public | al_unit_contacttimer_seq      | sequence | jp
 public | al_unit_gprsevent             | table    | jp
 public | al_unit_install               | table    | jp
 public | al_unit_install_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_unit_sensor                | table    | jp
 public | al_unit_status_msg            | table    | jp
 public | al_unit_status_msg_seq        | sequence | jp
 public | al_unit_tmp                   | table    | jp
 public | al_unit_tmp_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | al_unitcommand_q              | table    | jp
 public | al_unitcommand_seq            | sequence | jp
 public | al_unitcommandq_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_unitid_seq                 | sequence | jp
 public | al_unitsensor_seq             | sequence | jp
 public | al_user                       | table    | jp
 public | al_user_group                 | table    | jp
 public | al_user_login                 | table    | jp
 public | al_user_loginid_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | al_user_veh_rule              | table    | jp
 public | al_user_veh_rule_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_user_veh_time_rule         | table    | jp
 public | al_userid_seq                 | sequence | jp
 public | al_userrule_recip             | table    | jp
 public | al_userrulerecip_seq          | sequence | jp
 public | al_vehicle                    | table    | jp
 public | al_vehicle_last_point         | table    | jp
 public | al_vehicle_route              | table    | jp
 public | al_vehicle_route_bak          | table    | jp
 public | al_vehicle_route_trip         | table    | jp
 public | al_vehicle_tag                | table    | jp
 public | al_vehicleid_seq              | sequence | jp
 public | al_vehiclerouteid_seq         | sequence | jp
 public | al_vehicleroutetripid_seq     | sequence | jp
 public | al_vehicletag_seq             | sequence | jp
 public | al_workorder                  | table    | jp
 public | al_workorder_id_seq           | sequence | jp
 public | chat_id_seq                   | sequence | jp
 public | dic_2012                      | table    | jp
 public | dic_2012_resumen              | table    | jp
 public | ene_2013                      | table    | jp
 public | ene_2013_resumen              | table    | jp
 public | export_place                  | table    | jp
 public | feb_2013                      | table    | jp
 public | feb_2013_resumen              | table    | jp
 public | flight_id_seq                 | sequence | jp
 public | gadm_reduced_2                | table    | jp
 public | gadm_reduced_2_gid_seq        | sequence | jp
 public | geography_columns             | view     | postgres
 public | geometry_columns              | table    | jp
 public | mar_2013                      | table    | jp
 public | mar_2013_resumen              | table    | jp
 public | movie_id_seq                  | sequence | jp
 public | nov_2012                      | table    | jp
 public | nov_2012_resumen              | table    | jp
 public | oct_2012                      | table    | jp
 public | oct_2012_resumen              | table    | jp
 public | sept_2012                     | table    | jp
 public | sept_2012_resumen             | table    | jp
 public | showtime_id_seq               | sequence | jp
 public | spatial_ref_sys               | table    | jp
 public | stats_id_seq                  | sequence | jp
 public | test                          | table    | jp
 public | theater_id_seq                | sequence | jp
 public | tmp_place                     | table    | jp
 public | traffic_blockgroups           | table    | jp
 public | traffic_blockgroups_levels    | view     | jp
 public | traffic_blocks_levels         | view     | jp
 public | traffic_levels_b              | table    | jp
 public | traffic_levels_bg             | table    | jp
 public | traffic_streets               | view     | jp
 public | weather_id_seq                | sequence | jp

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev
PostgreSQL Consultant and DBA

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com

Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

От
Marcos Cano
Дата:
content of the file tables_using_names.txt:
Database: dev
  public.geography_columns.f_
table_schema
  public.geography_columns.f_table_name
  public.geography_columns.f_geography_column

2nd: i run
psql -d dev

and then
dev=# \d

and a list of 330 rows appear do you need that 330 rows?

content of the file tables_using_names.txt:
Database: dev
  public.geography_columns.f_table_schema
  public.geography_columns.f_table_name
  public.geography_columns.f_geography_column

2nd question: don't actually if what im running is what you are expecting, is a really long long list of relations like this:
but i did
psql -d dev
dev=# \d
                      List of relations
 Schema |             Name              |   Type   |  Owner
--------+-------------------------------+----------+----------

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev
PostgreSQL Consultant and DBA

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com

Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

От
Sergey Konoplev
Дата:
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Marcos Cano <mcano@stsa.info> wrote:
> content of the file tables_using_names.txt:
> Database: dev
>   public.geography_columns.f_table_schema
>   public.geography_columns.f_table_name
>   public.geography_columns.f_geography_column

Hm... have you performed soft upgrade to PostGIS 1.5.8?

If so then try to pg_dump the geography_columns table, then drop it,
do pg_upgrade, and restore the dump of geography_columns. It is just
my guess but it could help.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev
PostgreSQL Consultant and DBA

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com

Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

От
Marcos Cano
Дата:
yes i did the soft upgrade (seems to work) but when doing the pg_upgrade part it seems to no work... ok thanks for your advice.. i will try.

so i came up with an idea and it seems to work just wanna make sure what you think?

- do a custom pg_dump of postgres 8.3.2+postgis 1.3
- do restore (with the perl script of postgis) within the postgres 9.2.4+postgis 2.0.4

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM, Sergey Konoplev <gray.ru@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM, Marcos Cano <mcano@stsa.info> wrote:
> content of the file tables_using_names.txt:
> Database: dev
>   public.geography_columns.f_table_schema
>   public.geography_columns.f_table_name
>   public.geography_columns.f_geography_column

Hm... have you performed soft upgrade to PostGIS 1.5.8?

If so then try to pg_dump the geography_columns table, then drop it,
do pg_upgrade, and restore the dump of geography_columns. It is just
my guess but it could help.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev
PostgreSQL Consultant and DBA

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com

Re: pg_upgrade / postgis issue

От
Sergey Konoplev
Дата:
On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 7:12 AM, Marcos Cano <mcano@stsa.info> wrote:
> yes i did the soft upgrade (seems to work) but when doing the pg_upgrade part it seems to no work... ok thanks for
youradvice.. i will try.

> so i came up with an idea and it seems to work just wanna make sure what you think?
>
> - do a custom pg_dump of postgres 8.3.2+postgis 1.3
> - do restore (with the perl script of postgis) within the postgres 9.2.4+postgis 2.0.4

I have never tried it between two major postgres versions, but IMHO it
might work it you are talking about the hard postgis upgrade.

However I suggest you to try pg_upgrade with dump/delete/restore of
geography_columns first, because you will not face the full
dump/restore process in this case.