Обсуждение: pooler/router?

pooler/router?

От
Bèrto ëd Sèra
Дата:
Hi all,

I have a customer who needs to split a set of pg databases that have
outgrown any possible "big iron" and needs to do it quick, at zero
impact on lots of existing and basically undocumented applications.

I was wondering whether there is anything I can drop in as a
"middleware", that will get any incoming connections to oldserver:5432
and reroute them to a set of individual boxes, based on the targeted
database. PgPooler + routing, sort of.

Any hint is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Bèrto

--
==============================
If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in a

Re: pooler/router?

От
Gabriele Bartolini
Дата:
 Hi Bèrto,

 On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:39:28 +0000, Bèrto ëd Sèra
 <berto.d.sera@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering whether there is anything I can drop in as a
> "middleware", that will get any incoming connections to
> oldserver:5432
> and reroute them to a set of individual boxes, based on the targeted
> database. PgPooler + routing, sort of.

 With pgbouncer you can create virtual databases and map them on
 different hosts. It is very light and open source:
 http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgBouncer

 Cheers,
 Gabriele
--