Обсуждение: dropping a large table is taking a very long time (about 2 hours so far)

dropping a large table is taking a very long time (about 2 hours so far)

От
Evan Walter
Дата:
There were probaby about 5 million records in the table.  I do not believe there were any foreign keys to the table  The drop table has been going for over 2 hours.  Is that normal?

Re: dropping a large table is taking a very long time (about 2 hours so far)

От
Steve Crawford
Дата:
On 09/24/2012 02:10 PM, Evan Walter wrote:
> There were probaby about 5 million records in the table.  I do not
> believe there were any foreign keys to the table The drop table has
> been going for over 2 hours.  Is that normal?
I'd check for locks from other transactions preventing the drop. One
possibility is a running backup.

Cheers,
Steve

Re: dropping a large table is taking a very long time (about 2 hours so far)

От
Vibhor Kumar
Дата:
On Sep 24, 2012, at 5:10 PM, Evan Walter <ewalter@decisionanalyst.com> wrote:

> There were probaby about 5 million records in the table.  I do not believe
> there were any foreign keys to the table  The drop table has been going for
> over 2 hours.  Is that normal?

Not to me. I would have checked if DROP command is in waiting state. Also looked at pg_locks for more information on
locks.

Thanks & Regards,
Vibhor Kumar
Blogs:http://vibhork.blogspot.com