Обсуждение: creating trigger in 8.3 -- very slow

creating trigger in 8.3 -- very slow

От
Greg Williamson
Дата:
I've got a fairly large table (186 million rows) that is moderately busy ( a few inserts per second at most) that I am trying to create a trigger on --  it is just hanging.

Can this be done in 8.3 ? Will it eventually complete ?

Thanks for any advice, information, etc.!

Greg Williamson

Re: creating trigger in 8.3 -- very slow

Дата:
Greg Williamson <gwilliamson39@yahoo.com> writes:
> I've got a fairly large table (186 million rows) that is moderately busy ( a few inserts per second at most) that I
amtrying to create a trigger on -- �it is just hanging.

CREATE TRIGGER per se is pretty quick ... but it requires an exclusive
lock on the table.  Most likely your problem is that it's backed up
behind existing holders of locks.  The pg_locks view should help you
figure out what's blocking it.

            regards, tom lane