Обсуждение: Merging two databases

Merging two databases

От
Lukasz Brodziak
Дата:
Hi there,

Is there a way of merging two databases in postgresql in the way of
differential replication? The thing is that we have two DBs with same
schemas and we want to merge the data within them into one single
replica. Are there any tools/ways of doing this? Of course when the
merged db is created it will be only updated/inserted with new data
from each of source DBs.

--
Łukasz Brodziak

Re: Merging two databases

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 06/12/2012 06:23 PM, Lukasz Brodziak wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Is there a way of merging two databases in postgresql in the way of
> differential replication? The thing is that we have two DBs with same
> schemas and we want to merge the data within them into one single
> replica. Are there any tools/ways of doing this?
I think you'll want Bucardo or Slony-I for this. You certainly can't do
it with the built-in replication.

--
Craig Ringer

Re: Merging two databases

От
Amador Alvarez
Дата:
Hi,
Obviously it will always depends on the constraints in your schema, but
why do not dump the databases out and import it into a single one
properly? Once you get the new database, it should be easy to catch up
with the 2 databases before the switching (with statements like
insert/update into Newdb tables ...(select from Olddb tables)).
It is up to you, this is to avoid replication settings, however using
replication could be a good thing for future replication experiences.

A.A.