Обсуждение: Changing max_connections after WAL slave configured not allowed?

Changing max_connections after WAL slave configured not allowed?

От
Wells Oliver
Дата:
I stopped my slave, lowered max_connections to 100 on the primary, restarted it, then started the slave back up and it wouldn't go:

2012-04-12 16:34:32 PDT FATAL:  hot standby is not possible because max_connections = 100 is a lower setting than on the master server (its value was 200)

Which, OK, it _was_ 200 but now it's definitely 100. Is there a reason this change cannot be made now?

--
Wells Oliver
wellsoliver@gmail.com

Re: Changing max_connections after WAL slave configured not allowed?

От
raghu ram

I stopped my slave, lowered max_connections to 100 on the primary, restarted it, then started the slave back up and it wouldn't go:

2012-04-12 16:34:32 PDT FATAL:  hot standby is not possible because max_connections = 100 is a lower setting than on the master server (its value was 200)

Which, OK, it _was_ 200 but now it's definitely 100. Is there a reason this change cannot be made now?

Whenever you modify the configuration parameters in Primary server,those changes needs to  apply manually in standby server.

If you do not perform changes in standby server,Standby server will shutdown automatically with above error message.

Please change "max_connection" parameter in postgresql.conf file of standby server according primary server and then start the Standby server.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Raghu Ram