Обсуждение: Some Postgresql Concepts

Some Postgresql Concepts

От
Karuna Karpe
Дата:
Hello,

      Can any one please tell me the following postgresql concepts?

1. Flashback fundamental
2. Compression, encryption and decryption
3. DB Link and Heterogeneous Concept
4. Storage Management

Regards,
karuna karpe.

Re: Some Postgresql Concepts

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 10/07/2011 02:12 PM, Karuna Karpe wrote:

> 1. Flashback fundamental

Flashback? I think you might be confusing this:

   http://oracle.com/

with this:

   http://postgresql.org/

> 2. Compression, encryption and decryption

Check out TOAST and pgcrypto in the *MANUAL*.

   http://lmgtfy.com/?q=postgresql+manual

(The above too grumpy? Google is a key skill as a DBA, and asking people
to do your basic research for you for free and hand the answers to you
on a platter is a bit much.)

> 3. DB Link and Heterogeneous Concept

   "Hetrogenous Concept"?

   dblink is, again, something best learned about using the documentation
   and Google.

> 4. Storage Management

Details?

What do you want to know? "Storage management" is kind of a broad
category. You probably want to read the manual first, then look into
things like tablespaces, TOAST, vacuum and autovacuum, etc.

--
Craig Ringer