Обсуждение: Estimate physical index size

Estimate physical index size

От
Alejandro
Дата:
Hi all,
    I need to know how to estimate physical index size. I can't find any formulas in online documentation.

    Could someone tell me where/what read?

Thanks in advance

Alejandro.

Re: Estimate physical index size

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Alejandro  wrote:

> I need to know how to estimate physical index size. I can't find
> any formulas in online documentation.

For an existing index you probably want pg_relation_size():

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/functions-admin.html#FUNCTIONS-ADMIN-DBSIZE

-Kevin

Re: Estimate physical index size

От
Alejandro
Дата:
Kevin,
     thanks for reply.

     I need to estimate the entire database size (tables, indexes,
etc.), prior to create it. I know how to calculate a table size, but I
don't know how to calculate an index size.

Thanks.

Alejandro