Обсуждение: PostgreSQL 8.2 installation problem

PostgreSQL 8.2 installation problem

От
Lukasz Brodziak

Hello,

When I try to install PostgreSQL 8.2.4 on Windows 7 HP 64-bit I get the error "Failed to load  LIBEAY32.dll: 193. The installer will not be able to determine if there is a conflicting version od OpenSSL installed.'
I know that this is a 32 bit dll but still can anyone please tell me where there could be a problem?

Thanks in advance
--
Łukasz Brodziak
"Do you bury me when I'm gone

Re: PostgreSQL 8.2 installation problem

От
Craig Ringer
Дата:
On 29/08/2011 4:08 PM, Lukasz Brodziak wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I try to install PostgreSQL 8.2.4 on Windows 7 HP 64-bit
'
8.2.(old) on Win7 x64? Why?

At least install the latest 8.2.x point-release, 8.2.21 . Here are all
the fixes you are missing by installing 8.2.4 instead:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/release.html

I wouldn't particularly recommend installing such an old version on
64-bit Windows, either. It should work, but it won't be as well tested
and neither will the installer. Use a recent version if possible, or
just use 32-bit Windows.

--
Craig Ringer