Обсуждение: Problem connecting to Postgresql on ubuntu 11.04 on virtual box

Problem connecting to Postgresql on ubuntu 11.04 on virtual box

От
Lukasz Brodziak

Hello,
As in the topic I can't connect to a PG installed in ubuntu on virtualbox. The host system is Windows XP, pg is running on ubuntu as I van connect to it through pgadmin on VB. When I try to connect to it from software running on the host system I get the error asking whether the server is running on host 192.168.56.101 and is accepting connections on port 5432 which it does. The network configuration on Virtual box is set so I can ping the VB from host system. Have anyone tried to do that? Pg version is 8.2.4 instelled from source. I will be able to give more info wehrmachtu I get to work tomorrow.

Re: Problem connecting to Postgresql on ubuntu 11.04 on virtual box

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Lukasz Brodziak <lukasz.brodziak@gmail.com> wrote:

> As in the topic I can't connect to a PG installed in ubuntu on
> virtualbox. The host system is Windows XP, pg is running on ubuntu
> as I van connect to it through pgadmin on VB. When I try to
> connect to it from software running on the host system I get the
> error asking whether the server is running on host 192.168.56.101
> and is accepting connections on port 5432 which it does.

Have you set listen_addresses?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/runtime-config-connection.html#RUNTIME-CONFIG-CONNECTION-SETTINGS

> Pg version is 8.2.4 instelled from source.

Major release 8.2 hits end of life in five months.

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy

8.2.4 is very old.  You should be on the latest bug fix release of
8.2.

http://www.postgresql.org/support/versioning

You can get some sense of the bug and security fixes you will be
missing by reading the files from 8.2.5 to 8.2.21 here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release.html

If setting listen_addresses and restarting PostgreSQL doesn't fix
your connectivity problem, please read this page and post again:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

-Kevin