Обсуждение: How to auto swtich the roles of primary and standby

How to auto swtich the roles of primary and standby

От
jenopob
Дата:
hi all

my architecture follows as:
Master/Slave with Streaming Replication and pgpool-II
version of pgpool-II is pgpool-II.3.0.4
version of PostgreSQL is 9.0.2

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n4546630/pgpool-II.png

I want to confirm some questions as follows:
1.how about the performance of the architecture ,about what params should I
pay most attention to
2.when the primary server goes down , pgpool will execute the command
:failover_command
and then the standby server becomes the new primary,this is no problem, but
when I restart former primary ,what should pgpool do to change the former
primary server to new standby ,any command like failover_command to execute?

the content of
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/warm-standby-failover.html say
should recreate the new standby ,but I have no idea about this , could
pgpool-II manage the process ,I also find the command
failback_command(command to execute when attaching a new node) at
pgpool.conf ,I am not sure this command can do something correctly to change
the former primary to new standby

the question most like
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Switchover-of-Master-and-Slave-roles-td4462251.html

thanks for any help

jenopob

How to auto switch the roles of master and standby

От
Sanjay Rao
Дата:
Hi All,

I am using postgres 9.0 with streaming replication(master/standby). I
want to use pacemaker/corosync to create trigger file to indicate the
standby to take over. ho can I execute a script using pacemaker whenever
a failure happens.

Regards,
Sanjay Rao

Re: How to auto switch the roles of master and standby

От
jenopob
Дата:
hi

you could use pgpool-II failover_command to trigger the script what you want

something you can take at
http://pgpool.projects.postgresql.org/pgpool-II/doc/pgpool-en.html

and pgpool-II works in Master/Slave Mode will meet your requirements

best regards

jenopob

Re: How to auto swtich the roles of primary and standby

От
videanuadrian
Дата:
Hi there,
i have the exact same problem. Did you find a solution for this ?
thanks,
Adrian Videanu

Re: How to auto swtich the roles of primary and standby

От
videanuadrian
Дата:
so, just to make sure that i understand:
after the master failed, the slave become the new master, the you have changed postgresql.conf from master to slave and viceversa and restarted the old master as slave ?