Обсуждение: Sync replication waits for only 1 slave

Sync replication waits for only 1 slave

От
A J
Дата:
Hello

Having a master and 2 slaves in synchronous replication mode in 9.1

The master seems to wait for only one slave to respond before considering the transaction to be complete. I have done the setting for master to wait for all the slaves to finish:
synchronous_standby_names = '*'
I even tried replacing * with both the slave application_names.

Still master just waits for a single slave. Am I doing something incorrect or is it a limitation ?

Thanks.
AJ

Re: Sync replication waits for only 1 slave

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 10:33 PM, A J <s5aly@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Having a master and 2 slaves in synchronous replication mode in 9.1
> The master seems to wait for only one slave to respond before considering
> the transaction to be complete. I have done the setting for master to wait
> for all the slaves to finish:
> synchronous_standby_names = '*'
> I even tried replacing * with both the slave application_names.
> Still master just waits for a single slave. Am I doing something incorrect
> or is it a limitation ?

No, its a design decision to improve availability and performance.

You can list the second standby also, so it can take over in the event
of failure.