Обсуждение: Restore master from slave

Restore master from slave

От
sonnix
Дата:
Hi,
i have master and slave server(timeline 1). I turned off master and set up
slave to new temporary master and it has enabled wal archiving (timeline 2).
While the main master was turned off i had some insert to temporary master.
I need to recovery this inserts to main master from wal logs. When i made
recovery it create new timeline 3, but inserts from temporary master didn't
executed

restored log file "000000010000000000000006" from archive
consistent recovery state reached at 0/6017F08
record with zero length at 0/6017F08
redo is not required
restored log file "00000002.history" from archive
cp: cannot stat `/mnt/backup/backup/archive/00000003.history': No such file
or directory
selected new timeline ID: 3

Can i make only base backup from temporary master to main master?

Re: Restore master from slave

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
sonnix <sonnix@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can i make only base backup from temporary master to main master?

You didn't say which version of PostgreSQL you're using, what OS
it's running on, how you're managing the replication, or what
exactly you did -- so it's hard to give very specific advice.  That
said, I'm pretty sure that the answer to the above question is that
when you promote a standby to be the new master, you must do a base
backup from it to anything to which you want to replicate
transactions from the new master -- including the old master.  If
you have rsync available, you can probably do this very quickly if
you use the right options.

-Kevin