Обсуждение: ls /var/lib/pgsql/data nothing

ls /var/lib/pgsql/data nothing

От
bilal ghayyad
Дата:
Hi All;

I am root and when I do ls  /var/lib/pgsql/data, I do not see anything.

Why?

I need to find the pg_h.conf file but not able.

Any help?
Regards
Bilal

Re: ls /var/lib/pgsql/data nothing

От
lst_hoe02@kwsoft.de
Дата:
Zitat von bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh@yahoo.com>:

> Hi All;
>
> I am root and when I do ls  /var/lib/pgsql/data, I do not see anything.
>
> Why?
>
> I need to find the pg_h.conf file but not able.

"find / -name pg_hba.conf" is your friend...

Regards

Andreas

Вложения

Re: ls /var/lib/pgsql/data nothing

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 04:17 -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> I am root and when I do ls  /var/lib/pgsql/data, I do not see
> anything.
>
> Why?

You need to initdb first. I think this is an RPM installation. If so,

service postgresql initdb
(or service postgresql-9.0 initdb  , depending on the version) would
work.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: ls /var/lib/pgsql/data nothing

От
Jerry Sievers
Дата:
bilal ghayyad <bilmar_gh@yahoo.com> writes:

> Hi All;
>
> I am root and when I do ls  /var/lib/pgsql/data, I do not see anything.

Try the 'locate' command is it's on your system.

If you are able to connect to the DB, show data_directory;

Or, sudo su - postgres and see if $PGDATA is set.

ps -ef might even show something after the -D option for some sites if
DB is running also.

> Why?
>
> I need to find the pg_h.conf file but not able.

Do you mean pg_hba.conf?

--
Jerry Sievers
e: gsievers19@comcast.net

Re: ls /var/lib/pgsql/data nothing

От
bilal ghayyad
Дата:
Mine is Fedora 10, how it will be?

regards
bilal

> > I am root and when I do ls  /var/lib/pgsql/data,
> I do not see
> > anything.
> >
> > Why?
>
> You need to initdb first. I think this is an RPM
> installation. If so,
>
> service postgresql initdb
> (or service postgresql-9.0 initdb  , depending on the
> version) would
> work.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified
> Engineer
> Community: devrim~PostgreSQL.org,
> devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
> http://www.gunduz.org  Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz

Re: ls /var/lib/pgsql/data nothing

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 04:37 -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> Mine is Fedora 10, how it will be?

I already wrote what you need to do.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: ls /var/lib/pgsql/data nothing

От
bilal ghayyad
Дата:
Thanks a lot.

And how to make it started automatically when the machine booted? Without need to type the command to start manuall?

Regards
Bilal

> > I am root and when I do ls  /var/lib/pgsql/data,
> I do not see
> > anything.
> >
> > Why?
>
> You need to initdb first. I think this is an RPM
> installation. If so,
>
> service postgresql initdb
> (or service postgresql-9.0 initdb  , depending on the
> version) would
> work.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified
> Engineer
> Community: devrim~PostgreSQL.org,
> devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
> http://www.gunduz.org  Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz

Re: ls /var/lib/pgsql/data nothing

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 05:52 -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> And how to make it started automatically when the machine booted?
> Without need to type the command to start manuall?

chkconfig postgresql on
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Fedora core 10: tcpip_socket = True

От
bilal ghayyad
Дата:
Hi All;

I read that I have to set the tcpip_socket = True in postgresql.conf file, but when I am setting it, the postgresql
databasefailed to start.

My linux is fedora core 10, so what I have to do?

tcpip_socket = True

Regards
Bilal

Re: Fedora core 10: tcpip_socket = True

От
raghu ram

I read that I have to set the tcpip_socket = True in postgresql.conf file, but when I am setting it, the postgresql database failed to start.

My linux is fedora core 10, so what I have to do?

tcpip_socket = True

Could you please share below information::

1. Which version of PostgreSQL running on your Environment.

psql=# select version();

--Raghu Ram

Regards
Bilal

Re: Fedora core 10: tcpip_socket = True

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 05:11 -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> I read that I have to set the tcpip_socket = True in postgresql.conf
> file, but when I am setting it, the postgresql database failed to
> start.

tcpip_socket was a < 8.0 parameter IIRC. You are using 8.4 IIRC, and by
default it listens to localhost. See listen_addresses parameter.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Fedora core 10: tcpip_socket = True

От
bilal ghayyad
Дата:
Dear Devrim;

Thanks a lot, u r right.

But it look like that now the postgresql has been crashed (really I do not know why suddenly I found it stop .. but
whatI expect that there were a lot of wrong queries are running).

I am not sure if a block happened due to something wrong ..

I ran yum remove postgresql postgresql-devel postgresql-server, also I remove the directory /var/lib/pgsl and I
reinstall,then I ran again service postgresql initdb.

But still I am not able to start the postgresql (it is giving fail).

What could be the reason for the fail to start the postgresql? How I can do a complete remove for it (what other than
pgsqldirectory need to be removed?) Where could be the problem?

Appreciate ur kindly help.
Regards
Bilal

Re: Fedora core 10: tcpip_socket = True

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2011-04-06 at 04:07 -0700, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> I ran yum remove postgresql postgresql-devel postgresql-server, also I
> remove the directory /var/lib/pgsl and I reinstall, then I ran again
> service postgresql initdb.
>
> But still I am not able to start the postgresql (it is giving fail).
>
> What could be the reason for the fail to start the postgresql?

Please see

/var/lib/pgsql/pgstartup.log

and tell us what's inside that log file.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Fedora core 10: tcpip_socket = True

От
bilal ghayyad