Обсуждение: PostgreSQL init script

PostgreSQL init script

От
"Gnanakumar"
Дата:
Hi,

Our OS is CentOS5.2.  We're upgrading our PostgreSQL database from v8.2.3 to
v9.0.3.  Is there any default init script available in v9.0.3 for starting
up the PostgreSQL server so that it can be added to "/etc/init.d/"?  I
couldn't find any service file in the installation source directory.  I'm
installing PostgreSQL from source code.  I wonder why postgresql service
file is not available as part of the installation source?

Regards,
Gnanam

Re: PostgreSQL init script

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 30/03/2011 16:13, Gnanakumar a écrit :
> [...]
> Our OS is CentOS5.2.  We're upgrading our PostgreSQL database from v8.2.3 to
> v9.0.3.  Is there any default init script available in v9.0.3 for starting
> up the PostgreSQL server so that it can be added to "/etc/init.d/"?  I
> couldn't find any service file in the installation source directory.  I'm
> installing PostgreSQL from source code.  I wonder why postgresql service
> file is not available as part of the installation source?

Look into the contrib/start-scripts/ directory.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: PostgreSQL init script

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 19:43 +0530, Gnanakumar wrote:

> Our OS is CentOS5.2.  We're upgrading our PostgreSQL database from
> v8.2.3 to v9.0.3.  Is there any default init script available in
> v9.0.3 for starting up the PostgreSQL server so that it can be added
> to "/etc/init.d/"?  I couldn't find any service file in the
> installation source directory.  I'm installing PostgreSQL from source
> code.  I wonder why postgresql service file is not available as part
> of the installation source?

See contrib/start-scripts/linux . Init script is not installed by
default.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ