Обсуждение: How to

How to

От
Guy Deleeuw
Дата:
Hello

I have a strange behaviour :
time psql -d db_cathline -c "SELECT * FROM v_stock_status;"

real 0m5.780s
user 0m0.090s
sys 0m0.020s

time psql -d db_cathline -c "SELECT * FROM v_stock_status WHERE remain_qty != 0;"

real 0m56.075s
user 0m0.070s
sys 0m0.030s

Why with the clause WHERE the time are 10x greater than ? How can I work around this ?

# select version();
                                                   version
PostgreSQL 8.4.7 on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc-4.4.real (Ubuntu 4.4.3-4ubuntu5) 4.4.3, 64-bit
(1 ligne)

Regards
Guy

Re: How to

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Guy Deleeuw  wrote:

> Why with the clause WHERE the time are 10x greater than ? How can I
> work around this ?

Nobody can answer that without a bit more detail.  Could you show an
EXPLAIN ANALYZE of both queries and the definition of v_stock_status?
I that is a view, then we would need definitions of each table.  If
you provide that and the contents of postgresql.conf with all
comments stripped out, we can probably offer some suggestions.
Well, a description of your hardware wouldn't hurt, particularly in
terms of how much RAM you have and what your disk subsystem is like.

-Kevin

Re: How to

От
"Kevin Grittner"