Обсуждение: maximum rows to retrive

maximum rows to retrive

От
Antonio Biondo
Дата:
Hi, i not found in query tool of PgAdmin III the option to set "maximum
rows to retrive". Is there no this option?

 --
 Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it
http://www.email.it/f

 Sponsor:
 Apri Conto Corrente Arancio entro il 28 febbraio 2011 e ricevi 100 euro da spendere su Media World compra online.
Apriloadesso!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=11252&d=1-2

Re: maximum rows to retrive

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 01/02/2011 18:44, Antonio Biondo a écrit :
> Hi, i not found in query tool of PgAdmin III the option to set "maximum
> rows to retrive". Is there no this option?

This option only exists in the data grid. If you need this in the query
editor, add a LIMIT clause on your queries.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: maximum rows to retrive

От
Lukasz Brodziak
Дата:
Hi,

Antonio You have to remember to put ORDER BY clause because LIMIT
returns random rows if You would like to return let's say 100 rows
starting from row #250 the query would be sth like this:
SELECT emp_id, name, surname, dept FROM empleyees LIMIT 100 OFFSET 250
ORDER BY emp_id

2011/2/4 Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>:
> Le 01/02/2011 18:44, Antonio Biondo a écrit :
>> Hi, i not found in query tool of PgAdmin III the option to set "maximum
>> rows to retrive". Is there no this option?
>>

> This option only exists in the data grid. If you need this in the query
> editor, add a LIMIT clause on your queries.
>

> --
> Guillaume
>  http://www.postgresql.fr
>  http://dalibo.com

Łukasz Brodziak
"What if everyting around You isn't quite as it seems,
What if all the world You think You know is an inelaborate dream
When You look at Your reflection is that all you want it to be
What if You could look right through the cracks
Would You find Yourself...... Find Yourself afraid to see"

Re: maximum rows to retrive

От
Antonio Biondo
Дата:
Hi, tnx for the answer. Do you think that will be add a option in the
menù for query editor too? Mysql workbench has it, i would appreciate it
in Pgadmin III...

Best regards,

         Antonio

Il 04/02/2011 00:44, Guillaume Lelarge ha scritto:
> Le 01/02/2011 18:44, Antonio Biondo a écrit :
>> Hi, i not found in query tool of PgAdmin III the option to set "maximum
>> rows to retrive". Is there no this option?
>>
> This option only exists in the data grid. If you need this in the query
> editor, add a LIMIT clause on your queries.

 --
 Caselle da 1GB, trasmetti allegati fino a 3GB e in piu' IMAP, POP3 e SMTP autenticato? GRATIS solo con Email.it
http://www.email.it/f

 Sponsor:
 Apri Conto Corrente Arancio entro il 28 febbraio 2011 e ricevi 100 euro da spendere su Media World compra online.
Apriloadesso!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=11252&d=8-2

Re: maximum rows to retrive

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 08/02/2011 10:27, Antonio Biondo a écrit :
> Hi, tnx for the answer. Do you think that will be add a option in the
> menù for query editor too? Mysql workbench has it, i would appreciate it
> in Pgadmin III...

No. The user writes his query, I'm not sure he would like we mess with
it adding different kind of things (you're talking about LIMIT, but then
someone else will want OFFSET, ORDER BY, ...).

But you can still ask this on pgadmin-support ML. Not sure a hacker
there will work on this.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr