Обсуждение: Problems Upgrading from 8.2 to 9.0

Problems Upgrading from 8.2 to 9.0

От
Adib
Дата:
Hi,

I have a very old postgres 8.2 server which I want to upgrade to 9.0.2 server, the server are on different boxes and the 9.0.2 is fully running. I think that my 8.2 contains tsreach2 which none of my applications use. The postgres 8.2 is running on Windows 2003 server and 9.0.2 is running on Windows 2008 R2 server.

I used pg_dumpall --username=postgres > backup.dump on the 8.2 server using 9.0 binaries for pg_dumpall

on the 9.0 server I tried psql  --username=postgres < backup.dump and i got tons of errors a small sample is below. I have no idea what these errors mean or to get around them, any advice would be appreciated.

pg_dumpall dumps CREATE DDL for the postgres user but when I connect to psql to restore it tries to create the postgres user which already exists how can I tell pg_dumpall to ignore dumping the definition of postgres account it already exists on the target database. I read through the docs on pg_dumpall but could not
find a command line to do this.

ERROR:  type "tsvector" is only a shell
ERROR:  type "tsvector" is only a shell
ERROR:  type "tsquery" is only a shell
[...]
ERROR:  operator class "gin_tsvector_ops" does not exist for access method "gin
ERROR:  type "tsquery" is only a shell
ERROR:  operator class "gist_tp_tsquery_ops" does not exist for access method "
ERROR:  type "tsvector" is only a shell
ERROR:  operator class "gist_tsvector_ops" does not exist for access method "gi
ERROR:  type "tsquery" is only a shell
ERROR:  operator class "tsquery_ops" does not exist for access method "btree"
ERROR:  type "tsvector" is only a shell
ERROR:  operator class "tsvector_ops" does not exist for access method "btree"

ERROR:  function "dex_init(internal)" does not exist
CONTEXT:  COPY pg_ts_dict, line 1, column dict_init: "dex_init(internal)"
ERROR:  function "prsd_getlexeme(internal,internal,internal)" does not exist
CONTEXT:  COPY pg_ts_parser, line 1, column prs_nexttoken: "prsd_getlexeme(internal,internal,internal)"

Re: Problems Upgrading from 8.2 to 9.0

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ