Обсуждение: could not map view of backend variables: error code 6

could not map view of backend variables: error code 6

От
"Olli Aro"

Hi all,

I am trying to install Postgres on Windows 7 32 bits. I have tried both 8.4 and 9.0 installers but get the following error in the application log when the service is trying to start:

could not map view of backend variables: error code 6

Any ideas what that error means and how to fix it? I get no other error messages and postgres log is completely empty.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,

Olli

Re: could not map view of backend variables: error code 6

От
gdsorin
Дата:
Hello!
I got the same error after i installed bitdefender total security 2011.
I think bitdefender is blocking the postgresql.
My error is:

could not map view of backend variables: error code 6
LOG:  startup process (PID 3608) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

Re: could not map view of backend variables: error code 6

От
"Olli Aro"
Дата:
Well that is what I also thought first but have completely disabled the
firewall in BitDefender and still get this error.

Saying that, sometimes when you disabled Windows programs that does not
really mean that they are inactive :)

Maybe I will try uninstalling BitDefender completely and see what happens...

Thanks for a mail back.

Olli