Обсуждение: Trigger: Column Update

Trigger: Column Update

От
Ricardo Bayley
Дата:
Hi,

I am wondering if there is a way to identify which columns have been
modified. Is there some sort of TG_TABLE_NAME, which states the
modified columns ?
Or should we check this ourselves doing something like OLD.columnA !=
NEW.columnA ?

Regards

Ricardo

Re: Trigger: Column Update

От
Guillaume Lelarge
Дата:
Le 12/11/2010 18:37, Ricardo Bayley a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I am wondering if there is a way to identify which columns have been
> modified. Is there some sort of TG_TABLE_NAME, which states the
> modified columns ?

Nope. You should check yourself.

> Or should we check this ourselves doing something like OLD.columnA !=
> NEW.columnA ?

Use IS DISTINCT OF instead of = to deal with NULL values.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr

Re: Trigger: Column Update