Обсуждение: can you change pg_hba.conf and restart the listener on the fly?

can you change pg_hba.conf and restart the listener on the fly?

От
Mark Rostron

Hi

We are running an 8.3.10 instance.

I need to make a change to pg_hba.conf on the fly.

Is it possible to restart just the listener for the database without cycling the postmaster?

Mr

Re: can you change pg_hba.conf and restart the listener on the fly?

Дата:
Mark Rostron <mrostron@ql2.com> writes:
> We are running an 8.3.10 instance.
> I need to make a change to pg_hba.conf on the fly.
> Is it possible to restart just the listener for the database without cycling the postmaster?

There is no separate "listener".  However, it's sufficient to SIGHUP the
postmaster, you don't have to restart it for pg_hba.conf changes.

            regards, tom lane

Re: can you change pg_hba.conf and restart the listener on the fly?

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
Mark Rostron <mrostron@ql2.com> wrote:

> I need to make a change to pg_hba.conf on the fly.
> Is it possible to restart just the listener for the database
> without cycling the postmaster?

pg_ctl reload

That will also pick up changes to postgresql.conf, but it won't
interrupt execution of the postmaster.

-Kevin