Обсуждение: pl/PHP build on PostgreSQL v9 beta?

pl/PHP build on PostgreSQL v9 beta?

От
Lou Picciano
Дата:
Has anyone had any luck building pl/PHP on PostgreSQL v9 betas?  Any tips/gotchas?
Is this language extension immensely successful/powerful, marginal, or not-so-good?  Should we steer clear?  TIA, Lou

Re: pl/PHP build on PostgreSQL v9 beta?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Tue, 2010-07-27 at 15:23 +0000, Lou Picciano wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck building pl/PHP on PostgreSQL v9 betas?  Any
> tips/gotchas?
> Is this language extension immensely successful/powerful, marginal, or
> not-so-good?  Should we steer clear?  TIA, Lou

Not sure if we have testing on v9 beta or not. It works as documented on
the other versions. The language is used by people, most of the reports
we get are build errors not crashes or other oddities.

It is available from GitHub:

http://github.com/cmdpromptinc/PL-php

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Re: pl/PHP build on PostgreSQL v9 beta?

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
Excerpts from Lou Picciano's message of mar jul 27 11:23:50 -0400 2010:
> Has anyone had any luck building pl/PHP on PostgreSQL v9 betas? Any tips/gotchas?

It works for me -- just compiled with with 9.0 beta3 and regression
tests pass fine.

> Is this language extension immensely successful/powerful, marginal, or not-so-good? Should we steer clear?

It does work and is pretty useful if you're already used to PHP.  There
are some rough edges, but if you spot something really problematic, let
us know.

Re: pl/PHP build on PostgreSQL v9 beta?

От
"Joshua D. Drake"