Обсуждение: FTP client functions?

FTP client functions?

От
Lou Picciano
Дата:
I've dont only cursory research on this so far, so thought I'd ask here first...

Does anyone know of any ftp client capabilities in Postgresql, any prebuilt functions or extensions already built?
Or is it a roll-your-own kind of thing?

Thanks,  Lou

Re: FTP client functions?

От
Joe Conway
Дата:
On 07/23/2010 09:58 AM, Lou Picciano wrote:
> I've dont only cursory research on this so far, so thought I'd ask here
> first...
>
> Does anyone know of any ftp client capabilities in Postgresql, any
> prebuilt functions or extensions already built?
> Or is it a roll-your-own kind of thing?

plperl with Net::FTP?

Joe

--
Joe Conway
credativ LLC: http://www.credativ.us

Re: FTP client functions?

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 10:58 AM, Lou Picciano <loupicciano@comcast.net> wrote:
> I've dont only cursory research on this so far, so thought I'd ask here
> first...
> Does anyone know of any ftp client capabilities in Postgresql, any prebuilt
> functions or extensions already built?
> Or is it a roll-your-own kind of thing?

Easiest way would be to install a pl/language that has something like
curl available to it.  Then it's just simple file access from the
language perspective.

Re: FTP client functions?

От
Lou Picciano
Дата:
Thanks, Scott, for that.  I've already experimented a little from doing ftp calls from straight from shell - using PL/sh - of course, this is sub-optimal(!), but was good for an experiment.

Having trouble so far getting PL/php built on v9, too...

OK, we'll keep at it!

> I've dont only cursory research on this so far, so thought I'd ask here
> first...
> Does anyone know of any ftp client capabilities in Postgresql, any prebuilt
> functions or extensions already built?
> Or is it a roll-your-own kind of thing?

Easiest way would be to install a pl/language that has something like
curl available to it.  Then it's just simple file access from the
language perspective.

Re: FTP client functions?

От
Lou Picciano
Дата:
Joe, thanks for that suggestion. I'll try it.  I'd imagined any internal function would have to wrestle with encapsulating the communications - async? delays? - within a function process.  Probably not too easy.

Lou