Обсуждение: PITR Recovery Question

PITR Recovery Question

От
"Gnanakumar"
Дата:
Hi Florian,

I'm moving this discussion to pgsql-admin.  To give a picture of my original
question, it is given below, so that other users in this mailing list will
understand my original problem statement.

> If you point it at a cluster's own pg_xlog directory, it won't work.

> You might want to re-ead the section on the recovery process in the PTITR
documentation, at
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/continuous-archiving.html#BAC
KUP-PITR-RECOVERY

OK.

My pg_xlog/ and walarchive/ directory locations are
"/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_xlog" and "/mnt/pitr/walarchive" respectively.

In case, if I decide to clean the old WAL archives and set right PITR from
today onwards by taking base backup, so that I can start managing and
maintaining atleast from now onwards, what is the correct way/method of
removing files from pg_xlog/, pg_xlog/archive_status/ and
/mnt/pitr/walarchive/ directories?

1. How do I clean up WAL archives that are accumulated in pg_xlog/
directory?  Does it harm the database in anyway if I remove WAL segments
manually?
2. Few important command outputs:

[root@dbserver data]# pwd
/usr/local/pgsql/data
[root@dbserver data]# ls -l pg_xlog |wc -l
14438
[root@dbserver data]# ls -l pg_xlog/archive_status |wc -l
14436
[root@dbserver data]# ls -l /mnt/zoniacpitr/walarchive | wc -l
1783

NOTE: I can see all the files under pg_xlog/archive_status/ directory having
suffixed with "00*.ready".