Обсуждение: Postgres Triggers issue

Postgres Triggers issue

От
u235sentinel
Дата:
I have a strange problem we noticed the other day with triggers.  We're
running 8.3.3 on Solaris 10 (intel) and have a feed that comes in
regularly to populate a table we're working on.  The feed works just
fine inserting rows however the following trigger stops the feed until
we remove the trigger.  Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks!

---

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION r.m_t()
RETURNS trigger AS
$BODY$
BEGIN
 INSERT INTO temp_m_t VALUES (NEW.*,1+1);
RETURN NULL;
END;
$BODY$
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

CREATE TRIGGER tafter
AFTER INSERT OR UPDATE
ON r.m_a
FOR EACH ROW
EXECUTE PROCEDURE r.m_t();

Re: Postgres Triggers issue

Дата:
u235sentinel <u235sentinel@gmail.com> writes:
> I have a strange problem we noticed the other day with triggers.  We're
> running 8.3.3 on Solaris 10 (intel) and have a feed that comes in
> regularly to populate a table we're working on.  The feed works just
> fine inserting rows however the following trigger stops the feed until
> we remove the trigger.  Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong here?

This really isn't enough information for anybody to help you.  The
rest of us don't know what you mean by a "feed", let alone how a trigger
might stop it.  Tell us what's happening at the level of SQL commands.

            regards, tom lane