Обсуждение: Large Number of Files in pg_xlog

Large Number of Files in pg_xlog

От
Bob Lunney
Дата:
Is it possible to reduce the number of files in pg_xlog.  Currently, checkpoint_segments is set to 512, which if I
understandcorrectly, means there could be up to 1025 files in pg_xlog, 16Gb of WAL.  Right now there are 833 files.
I'vetried setting checkpoint_segments to a lower number and restarting the database, but to no avail.  Is there another
methodthat doesn't involve running a dump, initdb, and restore?

Thanks in advance,

Bob Lunney

Re: Large Number of Files in pg_xlog

Дата:
Bob Lunney <bob_lunney@yahoo.com> writes:
> Is it possible to reduce the number of files in pg_xlog.  Currently,
> checkpoint_segments is set to 512, which if I understand correctly,
> means there could be up to 1025 files in pg_xlog, 16Gb of WAL.  Right
> now there are 833 files.  I've tried setting checkpoint_segments to a
> lower number and restarting the database, but to no avail.

Patience.  It'll trim down the number of files when it gets around
to it (probably at the next checkpoint, but I don't recall the
exact conditions).

            regards, tom lane