Обсуждение: pg_dumapp does not save objects added in pg_catalog

pg_dumapp does not save objects added in pg_catalog

От
ali.pouya@free.fr
Дата:
Hi all,
I'm novice to postgresql and in this list.
I hope this is the good place to put my question.

In my project I have added some plpgsql functions in pg_catalog.
But when I save the cluster with pg_dumpall I do not find my function definitions in the output file.

Is this normal ?
Have I to redefine theses functions in my new data base ?

Thanks a lot
Best Regards
Ali

Re: pg_dumapp does not save objects added in pg_catalog

От
Julius Tuskenis
Дата:
hello ali.

why did you add functions to pg_catalog? Just add them to your database.

--
Julius Tuskenis
Programavimo skyriaus vadovas

Вложения

Re: pg_dumapp does not save objects added in pg_catalog

Дата:
ali.pouya@free.fr writes:
> In my project I have added some plpgsql functions in pg_catalog.
> But when I save the cluster with pg_dumpall I do not find my function definitions in the output file.

> Is this normal ?

Yes.  Anything in pg_catalog is presumed to be part of the core
system.

            regards, tom lane