Обсуждение: hardware information

hardware information

От
std pik
Дата:
Hello all..
I'm using PostgreSQL 8.3..
How can I get information about the hardware utilization:
       - CPU usage.
       - Disk space.
       - Memory allocation.
thank you.

Re: hardware information

От
raghu ram

On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:28 PM, std pik <stdpik@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all..
I'm using PostgreSQL 8.3..
How can I get information about the hardware utilization:
      - CPU usage.
      - Disk space.
      - Memory allocation.
thank you.

could you please share the operating system details?

Thanks & Regards
Raghu Ram

Re: hardware information

От
wanpeng
Дата:
you may get those infomation from your OS.

std pik 写道:
> Hello all..
> I'm using PostgreSQL 8.3..
> How can I get information about the hardware utilization:
>        - CPU usage.
>        - Disk space.
>        - Memory allocation.
> thank you.

Re: hardware information

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:58 AM, std pik <stdpik@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all..
> I'm using PostgreSQL 8.3..
> How can I get information about the hardware utilization:
>       - CPU usage.
>       - Disk space.
>       - Memory allocation.
> thank you.

Dude, there was a whole thread.  Are you receiving our emails?  If so
is there some part of the thread that you had some questions?  If not,
I'm not sure how you'll answer this.

Re: hardware information

От
Ron Mayer
Дата:
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 3:58 AM, std pik <stdpik@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello all..
>> I'm using PostgreSQL 8.3..
>> How can I get information about the hardware utilization:
>>       - CPU usage.
>>       - Disk space.
>>       - Memory allocation.
>> thank you.
>
> Dude, there was a whole thread.  Are you receiving our emails?  If so
> is there some part of the thread that you had some questions?  If not,
> I'm not sure how you'll answer this.

I wonder if we should set up a pgfoundry package that queries the
OS for the relevant information we find particularly relevant;
including more subtle things like whether or not fsync's lying
and why, and if the OOM killer's enabled.

Then we could tell people who ask this to install the module
and tell them to include the output of pg_system_info();

I might be volunteering to try this for a couple platforms,
but don't really know what's involved in setting up a pgfoundry
project.

Re: hardware information

От
Dimitri Fontaine
Дата:
Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com> writes:
> I wonder if we should set up a pgfoundry package that queries the
> OS for the relevant information we find particularly relevant;
> including more subtle things like whether or not fsync's lying
> and why, and if the OOM killer's enabled.
>
> Then we could tell people who ask this to install the module
> and tell them to include the output of pg_system_info();
>
> I might be volunteering to try this for a couple platforms,
> but don't really know what's involved in setting up a pgfoundry
> project.

Get a [community?] login, register a new project with description and
commentary, then the moderators will process its creation within a
couple of days, sometime a little more.

Then you have a 90s inspired web interface to manage the project, which
means opening a CSV repository (which you can avoid using, a lot of
people tend to host code on github instead these days), mailing lists,
and you can publish files and make releases.

Be sure not to forget a file when preparing a release, because the form
allowing you to add a file to an existing release only works (IME) while
you're in the process, if you go to another menu then back to it, you're
out of luck.

Baring those gotchas, it's pretty easy (just ask for one). You'll find
helpful people on IRC having projects on pgfoundry, come by for specific
questions :)

dim