Обсуждение: Postgres/C'ish question

Postgres/C'ish question

От
"Kristopher Kiger"

If I execute a command-line C program that is in charge of running a postgres function that will execute a .so written in C multiple times. my question is this: if there is unfreed memory allocated from the .so after the execution of one function call from postgres through this script, will that unfreed memory be released for the next time postgres calls this function through the script or will the memory stay unfreed and execution continue till either the script finishes or the buildup of unfreed heap in the .so causes the function to segfault?  Is this more of an OS question?