Обсуждение: postgres deployment

postgres deployment

От
"Nagalingam, Karthikeyan"
Дата:
Hi,
       Can I know the effective solution to do the backup and recovery for Postgres in storage environment.

Please share Any existing deployment and solution for backup and recovery for Postgres in storage

Any suggestion and recommendation are welcome.

Regards
Karthikeyan.N

Re: postgres deployment

От
Michael Monnerie
Дата:
On Dienstag 10 März 2009 Nagalingam, Karthikeyan wrote:
> Can I know the effective solution to do the backup and recovery
> for Postgres in storage environment.

Did you read this?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/warm-standby.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/pgstandby.html
http://scale-out-blog.blogspot.com/2009/02/simple-ha-with-postgresql-point-in-time.html

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net                  Key-ID: 1C1209B4

Re: postgres deployment

От
"Nagalingam, Karthikeyan"
Дата:
Nice link Michael Monnerie, Can I get any more suggestion from real deployment...

Regards
Karthikeyan.N

On Dienstag 10 März 2009 Nagalingam, Karthikeyan wrote:
> Can I know the effective solution to do the backup and recovery for
> Postgres in storage environment.

Did you read this?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/warm-standby.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/pgstandby.html
http://scale-out-blog.blogspot.com/2009/02/simple-ha-with-postgresql-point-in-time.html

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net                  Key-ID: 1C1209B4

Re: [GENERAL] postgres deployment

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 11:17 +0530, Nagalingam, Karthikeyan wrote:

>        Can I know the effective solution to do the backup and recovery
> for Postgres in storage environment.
>
> Please share Any existing deployment and solution for backup and
> recovery for Postgres in storage
>
> Any suggestion and recommendation are welcome.

Postgres has sophisticated techniques for backup and recovery, proven in
the field over many years.

Please start here
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/backup.html

Integration is possible with 3rd party devices and software.

Re: [GENERAL] postgres deployment

От
"Nagalingam, Karthikeyan"
Дата:
Thanks Simon Riggs, I am following the same.

Can I get some real time backup solution in production.

Regards
Karthikeyan.N

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 11:17 +0530, Nagalingam, Karthikeyan wrote:

>        Can I know the effective solution to do the backup and recovery

> for Postgres in storage environment.
>
> Please share Any existing deployment and solution for backup and
> recovery for Postgres in storage
>
> Any suggestion and recommendation are welcome.

Postgres has sophisticated techniques for backup and recovery, proven in
the field over many years.

Please start here
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/backup.html

Integration is possible with 3rd party devices and software.

Re: [GENERAL] postgres deployment

От
Scott Marlowe
Дата:
On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 2:57 AM, Nagalingam, Karthikeyan
<KARTHIKEYAN.Nagalingam@netapp.com> wrote:
> Thanks Simon Riggs, I am following the same.
>
> Can I get some real time backup solution in production.

I'm pretty sure that's what Michael Monnerie posted.  Those ARE the
strategies used in REAL deployments.