Обсуждение: max_connections from database

max_connections from database

От
"Scott Whitney"
Дата:
So, I got pretty close to my max_connections setting, and I had to up it
last night. I did so, and I issued a pg_ctl reload. Everything _seems_
happy.

However, the script I use to monitor this has the number hard-coded in it
(well, it looks it up from the conf file, anyway), and I'd rather get the
current runtime parameter from the db.

Anyone know where that bad boy lives?

Re: max_connections from database

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 12:17 -0600, Scott Whitney wrote:
> So, I got pretty close to my max_connections setting, and I had to up it
> last night. I did so, and I issued a pg_ctl reload. Everything _seems_
> happy.
>
> However, the script I use to monitor this has the number hard-coded in it
> (well, it looks it up from the conf file, anyway), and I'd rather get the
> current runtime parameter from the db.
>
> Anyone know where that bad boy lives?

show max_connections

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: max_connections from database

От
Fujii Masao
Дата:
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 3:17 AM, Scott Whitney <swhitney@journyx.com> wrote:
> So, I got pretty close to my max_connections setting, and I had to up it
> last night. I did so, and I issued a pg_ctl reload. Everything _seems_
> happy.

max_connections can only be set at server start.

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Re: max_connections from database

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
>>> "Scott Whitney" <swhitney@journyx.com> wrote:
> So, I got pretty close to my max_connections setting, and I had to
> up it last night. I did so, and I issued a pg_ctl reload. Everything
> _seems_ happy.

It's not.  Note the comment:

# (change requires restart)

> However, the script I use to monitor this has the number hard-coded
> in it (well, it looks it up from the conf file, anyway), and I'd
> rather get the current runtime parameter from the db.
>
> Anyone know where that bad boy lives?

show max_connections;

-Kevin