Обсуждение: Permissions to a schema

Permissions to a schema

От
"Campbell, Lance"

How do I do the following:

1)      Create a user group.

2)      Assign access to select, delete, insert, and update to any table found in the following X number of schemas.

3)      Assign the newly created user group permissions to a new user.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell

Project Manager/Software Architect

Web Services at Public Affairs

University of Illinois

217.333.0382

http://webservices.uiuc.edu

Re: Permissions to a schema

От
Carol Walter
Дата:
I believe that this is dependent on what version of postgres you are using.  What you want to do is create a role.  You do this by issuing the CREATE ROLE command...

CREATE ROLE select_role;
GRANT SELECT on MyTable to select_role;
GRANT select_role TO MyUser;

Carol

2)      Assign access to select, delete, insert, and update to any table found in the following X number of schemas.
3)      Assign the newly created user group permissions to a new user.

Thanks,

Lance Campbell
Project Manager/Software Architect
Web Services at Public Affairs
University of Illinois
217.333.0382

Re: Permissions to a schema

От
"Daniel J. Summers"
Дата:
Campbell, Lance wrote:

> How do I do the following:
>
> 1) Create a user group.
>
> 2) Assign access to select, delete, insert, and update to any table
> found in the following X number of schemas.
>
> 3) Assign the newly created user group permissions to a new user.

When you're going through the tables, don't forget the sequences for any
"serial" fields you may have. You'll get errors trying to insert, even
though you've granted INSERT on that table. As best I can tell (haven't
seen this in a document anywhere), your role needs SELECT and UPDATE on
those sequences.

--
Daniel J. Summers
*Owner, DJS Consulting* Support <http://support.djs-consulting.com/> •

daniel@djs-consulting.com <mailto:daniel@djs-consulting.com> •
http://www.djs-consulting.com <http://www.djs-consulting.com/>

GEEKCODE 3.12 GCS/IT d s-:+ a C++ L++ E--- W++ N++ o? K- w !O M--
V PS+ PE++ Y? !PGP t+ 5? X+ R* tv b+ DI++ D+ G- e h---- r+++ y++++