Обсуждение: rerunning ./configure

rerunning ./configure

От
Carol Walter
Дата:
Hello,

If I need to rerun configure what else do I have to do.  Do I have to
run gmake uninstall? Do I have to run gmake distclean?  I've got a
running version of 8.3.4 (on Solaris 10) but I have to reconfigure so
postgres will know where the openssl bits are.

Thanks,
Carol

Re: rerunning ./configure

От
Ray Stell
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 01:32:37PM -0500, Carol Walter wrote:
> If I need to rerun configure what else do I have to do.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/install-procedure.html

Re: rerunning ./configure

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Carol Walter <walterc@indiana.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If I need to rerun configure what else do I have to do.  Do I have to run
> gmake uninstall? Do I have to run gmake distclean?  I've got a running
> version of 8.3.4 (on Solaris 10) but I have to reconfigure so postgres will
> know where the openssl bits are.

Due to some possibility of cached configure output, I always run make
distclean first and start over.  Back in the day of 386-dx40s when
running ./configure took 30 minutes and building postgresql took
another 1.5 hours, I would work harder to avoid doing that, but
nowadays, given how fast a clean build can run, it's no great loss.

I keep a copy of all the switches I use in a file called
configure.local or something like that that I can put into svn and
check out when I need to build an exact copy.  On the rare occasions a
packaged pgsql isn't good enough.

Re: rerunning ./configure

Дата:
Carol Walter <walterc@indiana.edu> writes:
> If I need to rerun configure what else do I have to do.  Do I have to
> run gmake uninstall? Do I have to run gmake distclean?

distclean is a good idea.

            regards, tom lane