Обсуждение: Change user password

Change user password

От
"Dan Scott"
Дата:
Hi,

Is is possible to modify a user password using a command line script?
I know about the ALTER USER command from within the client, but this
looks like it's quite insecure, storing the password in the history. I
know it's possible to insert the encrypted password with ALTER USER
but that means generating the hash elsewhere. A simple 'alteruser -P
username' which then prompts for the user password would be nice. Does
this exist?

Thanks,

Dan Scott

Re: Change user password

От
Quan Zongliang
Дата:
Hi, Scott

It seems no such command exists.

Quan Zongliang
quanzongliang@gmail.com
CIT Japan:  http://www.cit.co.jp
CIT China:  http://www.citbj.com.cn

Re: Change user password

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 8:42 AM, Dan Scott <danieljamesscott@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is is possible to modify a user password using a command line script?
> I know about the ALTER USER command from within the client, but this
> looks like it's quite insecure, storing the password in the history. I
> know it's possible to insert the encrypted password with ALTER USER
> but that means generating the hash elsewhere. A simple 'alteruser -P
> username' which then prompts for the user password would be nice. Does
> this exist?

\password from the psql prompt does that.