Обсуждение: recover or move databases

recover or move databases

От
PJ
Дата:
I am trying to recover postgres databases from a crashed disk.
I have set up a new installation of FreeBSD 7.0 with postgresql8.3.
The old databases are accessible when the repaired disk is mounted :
/oldfsb/local/pgsql/data/base/.
How can I move these databases to the new /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/ ?
Old and new are both v. 8.3
Copying does not do it.
This seems to be one way, but it seems rather long... and complicated..
Any help would be appreciated,
PJ

Re: recover or move databases

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 4:27 PM, PJ <af.gourmet@videotron.ca> wrote:
> I am trying to recover postgres databases from a crashed disk.
> I have set up a new installation of FreeBSD 7.0 with postgresql8.3.
> The old databases are accessible when the repaired disk is mounted :
> /oldfsb/local/pgsql/data/base/.
> How can I move these databases to the new /usr/local/pgsql/data/base/ ?
> Old and new are both v. 8.3
> Copying does not do it.
> This seems to be one way, but it seems rather long... and complicated..
> Any help would be appreciated,

Not copy, you need to start the postmaster on the old directory, use
pg_dump or pg_dumpall to get the data out, the stop the db and start
it back up on the new directory and use psql or pg_restore.