Обсуждение: drop role fails

drop role fails

От
Marc Fromm

I need to drop a role/user but receive the message:

ERROR:  role "ken" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it

DETAIL:  1 objects in database css

1 objects in database manuals

1 objects in database cswe2

I checked the databases listed and the user/role ken is not associated with any items in the database, owner is always listed as postgres.

Marc

Re: drop role fails

От
Alvaro Herrera
> I need to drop a role/user but receive the message:
> ERROR:  role "ken" cannot be dropped because some objects depend on it
> DETAIL:  1 objects in database css
> 1 objects in database manuals
> 1 objects in database cswe2
>
> I checked the databases listed and the user/role ken is not associated with any items in the database, owner is
alwayslisted as postgres.

Probably it has been granted permissions.  Try DROP OWNED BY (which
should revoke the permissions), maybe preceded by REASSIGN OWNED BY just
to ensure you don't drop objects you wanted to keep ...