Обсуждение: system catalog views + tables

system catalog views + tables

От
Isabella Ghiurea
Дата:
Hello,
How can I see all system catalog tables and views , I'm in potsgres db (
using PG 8.3).
Is there a way to have /get a full list and description of  system
tables and views  in kind of  hard copy format, same as Oracle or RDBMS
posters for system catalogs objects?
thank you,
Isabella

Re: system catalog views + tables

От
Joshua Drake
Дата:
On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 13:11:38 -0700
Isabella Ghiurea <isabella.ghiurea@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
> How can I see all system catalog tables and views , I'm in potsgres
> db ( using PG 8.3).
> Is there a way to have /get a full list and description of  system
> tables and views  in kind of  hard copy format, same as Oracle or
> RDBMS posters for system catalogs objects?
> thank you,
> Isabella

The documentation?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/information-schema.html

If you are in psql you can also do:

\d pg_ <tab> <tab>

Joshua D. Drake

Re: system catalog views + tables

От
damien clochard
Дата:
Isabella Ghiurea a écrit :
> Hello,
> How can I see all system catalog tables and views , I'm in potsgres db
> ( using PG 8.3).
> Is there a way to have /get a full list and description of  system
> tables and views  in kind of  hard copy format, same as Oracle or
> RDBMS posters for system catalogs objects?
> thank you,
> Isabella

Hi !

Here's a poster of PostgreSQL 8.3 internal catalogs
http://dalibo.org/_media/articles/catalog.png?cache=cache

SVG version is available here :
http://svn.postgresql.fr/repos/materials/advocacy/trunk/posters/catalogs83.svg

Hope this helps...

--
damien clochard
http://dalibo.org | http://dalibo.com

Re: system catalog views + tables

От
Alvaro Herrera
Дата:
damien clochard wrote:

> Here's a poster of PostgreSQL 8.3 internal catalogs
> http://dalibo.org/_media/articles/catalog.png?cache=cache
>
> SVG version is available here :
> http://svn.postgresql.fr/repos/materials/advocacy/trunk/posters/catalogs83.svg

Thanks -- I've added this to the Developer's FAQ

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Developer_FAQ#Is_there_a_diagram_of_the_system_catalogs_available.3F