Обсуждение: pg_dumpall size

pg_dumpall size

От
Marc Fromm

I have the same postgresql databases on two different servers.

Boteh servers have the same version of postgresql, 8.1.

The following backup command creates a file twice as big on one server, compared to the other server.

pg_dumpall -c -U postgres | gzip > alldb.gz

Red Hat 5EL: alldb.gz is 29MB

Fedora Core 5: alldb.gz is only 15MB

Any ideas as to why the red hat box pg_dumpall file is about twice the size?

Marc

Re: pg_dumpall size

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 11:56 AM, Marc Fromm <Marc.Fromm@wwu.edu> wrote:
> I have the same postgresql databases on two different servers.
>
> Boteh servers have the same version of postgresql, 8.1.
>
> The following backup command creates a file twice as big on one server,
> compared to the other server.
>
> pg_dumpall -c -U postgres | gzip > alldb.gz

Different default compression levels for gzip?  try gzip -6 or
something on both of them.

Otherwise, unzip them and compare sizes to see if they really are the
same unzipped.