Обсуждение: DROP TABLE waiting for pg_dump

DROP TABLE waiting for pg_dump

От
"Daniel Cristian Cruz"

Helllo,

I had a huge database with a dump backup routine.

I had a problem today, where pg_dump was locking a concurrent DROP TABLE, and it was another table, not the table in the COPY running. Is it normal? Some kind of bug or is it expected?

I'm using 8.2.4 (I need to rewrite dblink functions before upgrade).

Daniel Cristian Cruz
クルズ  クリスチアン ダニエル

Re: DROP TABLE waiting for pg_dump

Дата:
"Daniel Cristian Cruz" <danielcristian@gmail.com> writes:
> I had a problem today, where pg_dump was locking a concurrent DROP TABLE,
> and it was another table, not the table in the COPY running. Is it normal?

Yes.  pg_dump acquires ACCESS SHARE lock on all the tables it's
intending to dump.  Without that it couldn't guarantee a consistent
dump.

            regards, tom lane