Обсуждение: How to specify fillrate after pg_restore?

How to specify fillrate after pg_restore?

От
Laszlo Nagy
Дата:
Hello,

I've been reading previous posts and I think I have some tables in my
database that would better be stored with fillfactor=90 or less. We are
going to upgrade and reinstall our server soon. I thought this would be
a good time to change fillfactor. Just I don't know how. First I need to
dump the old database with pg_dump. Then I need to restore it on the new
server with pg_restore.

What will this do?

ALTER TABLE tbl SET FILLFACTOR = 90;

Will it restucture the table, or is it just a setting and I should
perform a VACUUM to actually reach fillfactor=90?

Thanks,

  Laszlo

Re: How to specify fillrate after pg_restore?

Дата:
Laszlo Nagy <gandalf@shopzeus.com> writes:
> What will this do?

> ALTER TABLE tbl SET FILLFACTOR = 90;

> Will it restucture the table, or is it just a setting and I should
> perform a VACUUM to actually reach fillfactor=90?

It's just a setting ... and VACUUM won't do much with it either.

The best bet at the moment is to manually edit the pg_dump script
to insert such a command between creating the table and loading it.

            regards, tom lane

Re: How to specify fillrate after pg_restore?

От
Michael Monnerie
Дата:
On Mittwoch 01 Oktober 2008 Tom Lane wrote:
> The best bet at the moment is to manually edit the pg_dump script
> to insert such a command between creating the table and loading it.

Wouldn't CLUSTER care about it, as it copies the whole table anyway?

mfg zmi
// Tel: 0660 / 415 65 31                      .network.your.ideas.
// Keyserver: wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net                  Key-ID: 1C1209B4

Вложения