Обсуждение: rpm install not recognized by yum.

rpm install not recognized by yum.

От
"slamp slamp"
Дата:
one of our servers had the pgdg rpms (8.2.4) installed by hand. now
that the yum repo is available, i installed
pgdg-redhat-8.2-4.noarch.rpm. this is on
redhat-release-5Server-5.2.0.4. i do a yum update and the rpms are not
being recognized. how come? also when i performed yum clean all i get
the message "Repository pgdg82 is listed more than once in the
configuration". although i only see one declaration of pgdg82, the
other is pgdg82-source. Anyone have this issue?

# cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-82-redhat.repo
[pgdg82]
name=PostgreSQL 8.2 $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.2/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG

[pgdg82-source]
name=PostgreSQL 8.2 $releasever - $basearch - Source
failovermethod=priority
baseurl=http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.2/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG

Re: rpm install not recognized by yum.

От
"slamp slamp"
Дата:
anyone? i am able to install others apps like ptop from the repo. just
cant update the installed ones.

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 11:24 AM, slamp slamp <slackamp@gmail.com> wrote:
> one of our servers had the pgdg rpms (8.2.4) installed by hand. now
> that the yum repo is available, i installed
> pgdg-redhat-8.2-4.noarch.rpm. this is on
> redhat-release-5Server-5.2.0.4. i do a yum update and the rpms are not
> being recognized. how come? also when i performed yum clean all i get
> the message "Repository pgdg82 is listed more than once in the
> configuration". although i only see one declaration of pgdg82, the
> other is pgdg82-source. Anyone have this issue?
>

> # cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-82-redhat.repo
> [pgdg82]
> name=PostgreSQL 8.2 $releasever - $basearch
> baseurl=http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.2/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
> enabled=1
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG
>
> [pgdg82-source]
> name=PostgreSQL 8.2 $releasever - $basearch - Source
> failovermethod=priority
> baseurl=http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.2/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
> enabled=0
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG

Re: rpm install not recognized by yum.

От
"slamp slamp"
Дата:
ok i managed to get this to work. however i still get the "Repository
pgdg82 is listed more than once in the configuration", this is
probably a rhel yum bug.

On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:12 PM, slamp slamp <slackamp@gmail.com> wrote:
> anyone? i am able to install others apps like ptop from the repo. just
> cant update the installed ones.
>
> On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 11:24 AM, slamp slamp <slackamp@gmail.com> wrote:
>> one of our servers had the pgdg rpms (8.2.4) installed by hand. now
>> that the yum repo is available, i installed
>> pgdg-redhat-8.2-4.noarch.rpm. this is on
>> redhat-release-5Server-5.2.0.4. i do a yum update and the rpms are not
>> being recognized. how come? also when i performed yum clean all i get
>> the message "Repository pgdg82 is listed more than once in the
>> configuration". although i only see one declaration of pgdg82, the
>> other is pgdg82-source. Anyone have this issue?
>>

>> # cat /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-82-redhat.repo
>> [pgdg82]
>> name=PostgreSQL 8.2 $releasever - $basearch
>> baseurl=http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/8.2/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
>> enabled=1
>> gpgcheck=1
>> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG
>>
>> [pgdg82-source]
>> name=PostgreSQL 8.2 $releasever - $basearch - Source
>> failovermethod=priority
>> baseurl=http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.2/redhat/rhel-$releasever-$basearch
>> enabled=0
>> gpgcheck=1
>> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-PGDG

Re: rpm install not recognized by yum.

От
"Scott Marlowe"
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 2:42 PM, slamp slamp <slackamp@gmail.com> wrote:
> ok i managed to get this to work. however i still get the "Repository
> pgdg82 is listed more than once in the configuration", this is
> probably a rhel yum bug.

Sure you don't have it again in an included yum .conf file?  That's
happened to me before.

Re: rpm install not recognized by yum.

От
"slamp slamp"
Дата:
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 4:50 PM, Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 2:42 PM, slamp slamp <slackamp@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ok i managed to get this to work. however i still get the "Repository
>> pgdg82 is listed more than once in the configuration", this is
>> probably a rhel yum bug.
>
> Sure you don't have it again in an included yum .conf file?  That's
> happened to me before.

im pretty sure, i even uninstalled the repo rpm and added it manually
to yum.conf and it gave the same message. centos does not seem to have
this issue.

Re: rpm install not recognized by yum.

От
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Дата:
Hi,

On Wed, 2008-09-03 at 11:24 -0400, slamp slamp wrote:

>  how come? also when i performed yum clean all i get
> the message "Repository pgdg82 is listed more than once in the
> configuration". although i only see one declaration of pgdg82, the
> other is pgdg82-source. Anyone have this issue?

Please check /etc/yum.conf file.

We have 8.2 + RHEL 5 on many servers, and we don't have this issue.
--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
                   http://www.gunduz.org

Вложения