Обсуждение: PITR with MS-DOS shell

PITR with MS-DOS shell

От
"Richard Broersma"
Дата:
Reading the manual for PITR, I see the backup commands are tar, cpio, and rsync.

What DOS shell commands recommended: copy, xcopy?  Is there something better?

Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

Re: PITR with MS-DOS shell

От
Joshua Drake
Дата:
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:31:53 -0700
"Richard Broersma" <richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:

> Reading the manual for PITR, I see the backup commands are tar, cpio,
> and rsync.
>
> What DOS shell commands recommended: copy, xcopy?  Is there something
> better?

You want to find rsync or the equivalent for windows.

Joshua D. Drake

Re: PITR with MS-DOS shell

От
"Gregory S. Youngblood"
Дата:
For Rsync on Windows check out:
http://www.nexenta.com/corp/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=64&Ite
mid=85

I'm using it on Vista and have not had any problems transferring data
to/from linux and solaris systems.

> From: pgsql-admin-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-admin-
> owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Joshua Drake
>
> On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 12:31:53 -0700
> "Richard Broersma" <richard.broersma@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Reading the manual for PITR, I see the backup commands are tar, cpio,
> > and rsync.
> >
> > What DOS shell commands recommended: copy, xcopy?  Is there something
> > better?
> >

> You want to find rsync or the equivalent for windows.

Re: PITR with MS-DOS shell

От
Simon Riggs
Дата:
On Fri, 2008-08-29 at 12:31 -0700, Richard Broersma wrote:
> Reading the manual for PITR, I see the backup commands are tar, cpio, and rsync.
>
> What DOS shell commands recommended: copy, xcopy?  Is there something better?

Any command that copies files. Or an integrated backup product.