Обсуждение: excluding tables

excluding tables

От
Rick
Дата:
Is there a way to get pg_dumpall to exclude a table or
do I have to dump the tables indivually with pg_dump? I have
one very large table that never changes and it'd be nice
not to have a copy of it in every backup (especially since
the backups get sent to another machine over the Internet).

Re: excluding tables

Дата:
Rick <ellis@blameitonlove.com> writes:
> Is there a way to get pg_dumpall to exclude a table or
> do I have to dump the tables indivually with pg_dump?

No, pg_dumpall doesn't have any provision for passing different
switches for different databases to its invocations of pg_dump.

Recommended practice here would be to combine pg_dumpall -g
with the results of manual per-database invocations of pg_dump.

            regards, tom lane