Обсуждение: ask...!!!

ask...!!!

От
"ria ulfa"
Дата:
i use linux fedora 7 and database PostgreSQL 8.
i want to copy table in postgre to a file.
i used code : simps=# COPY log TO '/root/documents/log.sql';
      note= simps: name of database
but there is error:  could not open file "/root/documents/log.sql" for writing: Permission denied
what can i do for repair this error??

ask...!!!

От
"ria ulfa"

i use linux fedora 7 and database PostgreSQL 8.
i want to copy table in postgre to a file.
i used code : simps=# COPY log TO '/root/documents/log.sql';
      note= simps: name of database
but there is error:  could not open file "/root/documents/log.sql" for writing: Permission denied
what can i do for repair this error??

ask...!!!

От
"ria ulfa"

i use linux fedora 7 and database PostgreSQL 8.
i want to copy table in postgre to a file.
i used code : simps=# COPY log TO '/root/documents/log.sql';
      note= simps: name of database
but there is error:  could not open file "/root/documents/log.sql" for writing: Permission denied
what can i do for repair this error??

Re: ask...!!!

От
Gerd König
Дата:
Hello,

I don't think it's a good idea to store it under the /root directory,
since "normal" users like e.g. postgres don't have write permission
there (as the error message tells you).
You have to choose a directory where your database user definitely has
write permission.

bye-GERD-

ria ulfa schrieb:
> i use linux fedora 7 and database PostgreSQL 8.
> i want to copy table in postgre to a file.
> i used code : simps=# COPY log TO '/root/documents/log.sql';
>       note= simps: name of database
> but there is error:  could not open file "/root/documents/log.sql" for
> writing: Permission denied
> what can i do for repair this error??

Re: ask...!!!

От
Tino Schwarze
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 03:12:39PM +0700, ria ulfa wrote:
> i use linux fedora 7 and database PostgreSQL 8.
> i want to copy table in postgre to a file.
> i used code : simps=# COPY log TO '/root/documents/log.sql';
>       note= simps: name of database
> but there is error:  could not open file "/root/documents/log.sql" for
> writing: Permission denied
> what can i do for repair this error??

The user running the database (usually postgres) cannot write to root's
home directory. Simply specify another location, e.g. /tmp/log.sql . The
"COPY TO" command is executed by the server process on the server, so
this process needs the permissions to write the file.

HTH,

Tino.

PS: Please send your mail only once - I got it three times.

www.craniosacralzentrum.de
www.forteego.de

Re: ask...!!!

От
Achilleas Mantzios
Дата:
Στις Tuesday 01 July 2008 11:12:39 ο/η ria ulfa έγραψε:
> i use linux fedora 7 and database PostgreSQL 8.
> i want to copy table in postgre to a file.
> i used code : simps=# COPY log TO '/root/documents/log.sql';
>       note= simps: name of database
> but there is error:  could not open file "/root/documents/log.sql" for
> writing: Permission denied
> what can i do for repair this error??

The best thing you can do is get yourself familiar with a UNIX environment.
Apparently the user on behalf of which, you run psql, cannot write to /root/documents/log.

--
Achilleas Mantzios

Re: ask...!!!

От
adam_pgsql
Дата:
On 1 Jul 2008, at 09:18, ria ulfa wrote:

> i use linux fedora 7 and database PostgreSQL 8.
> i want to copy table in postgre to a file.
> i used code : simps=# COPY log TO '/root/documents/log.sql';
>       note= simps: name of database
> but there is error:  could not open file "/root/documents/log.sql"
> for writing: Permission denied
> what can i do for repair this error??

you don't have permission to write to that file... either change the
permissions on the file or write to a file or directory in which you
do have permission, maybe to your home directory or something

adam