Обсуждение: Global / cluster-wide functions

Global / cluster-wide functions

От
kevin kempter
Дата:
Hi List;

Can I install a PL/pgSQL function so it's global to all databases
within a cluster or do I need to install per database ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Global / cluster-wide functions

От
"Joshua D. Drake"
Дата:
On Fri, 16 May 2008 15:12:02 -0600
kevin kempter <kevin@kevinkempterllc.com> wrote:

> Hi List;
>
> Can I install a PL/pgSQL function so it's global to all databases
> within a cluster or do I need to install per database ?

Install it into template1 then each database created after that will
have the function.

Joshua D. Drake

> Thanks in advance

Re: Global / cluster-wide functions

От
Chander Ganesan
Дата:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
On Fri, 16 May 2008 15:12:02 -0600
Can I install a PL/pgSQL function so it's global to all databases
within a cluster or do I need to install per database ?

Install it into template1 then each database created after that will
have the function.

As a corollary to that, you'll need to create the function in all existing databases, since changes to the template database only apply to new databases.

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.