Обсуждение: Can't connect remotely

Can't connect remotely

От
mcravitz@att.net
Дата:
We've recently installed Postgresql 8.3 on a Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition, Service Pack 2 machine. I am able to connect locally via pgAdmin but not remotely.

The error message we are receiving in the Application event log is...

XX000: could not bind IPv4 socket: No error

The above occurs twice and then we get

WARNING 01000: could not create list socket for "loaner-mikec"

Our postgresql.conf contains...

# CONNECTIONS AND AUTHENTICATION
# - Connection Settings -
listen_addresses = 'localhost,marlon,loaner-mikec'
     # what IP address(es) to listen on;
     # comma-separated list of addresses;
     # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
     # (change requires restart)
port = 5432    # (change requires restart)
max_connections = 100   # (change requires restart)

host  all  all  marlon/32  trust
host  all  all  loaner-mikec/32  trust
host  all  all  marlon  trust

marlon, and loaner-mikec are two machine names from which we're trying to connect. We previously tried using ip address instead of machine names, but got the same negative symptoms.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Re: Can't connect remotely

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
>>> <mcravitz@att.net> wrote:

> listen_addresses = 'localhost,marlon,loaner-mikec'
>      # what IP address(es) to listen on;
>      # comma-separated list of addresses;
>      # defaults to 'localhost', '*' = all
>      # (change requires restart)

You probably want this set to '*'.

It is not the addresses to allow in, it is the addresses to listen on.
(You might have multiple network cards in the database server and
only want to accept database connections on one of them, for example.)

The pg_hba.conf file can be configured to allow specific addresses in,
so that may be OK as it stands.

-Kevin